SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-08, 07:58 PM   #1606
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Veary Good mod, Im realy enjoying it.

I also would like to say that this will be my offical 2,000 post. I am realy enjoying subsim.
Old 10-26-08, 08:15 PM   #1607
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

Just started new campaign (1941 Philippeans S Boat). Looks great. Thanks for a great mod.
One question. Is there any reason why there is no guns crew to be enabled for the Sargo Class Boats during that period?
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
Old 10-26-08, 10:52 PM   #1608
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddals
Is there any reason why there is no guns crew to be enabled for the Sargo Class Boats during that period?
Which gun? The AA gun or deck gun? I just ran a 1941 mission with the Sargo, and I have slots for both guns with this boat.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
Old 10-26-08, 10:54 PM   #1609
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosje
Luke, is there a way to get the camera obstructions back on the bridge? I loved having to walk to the back before I could take a look at that contact. Also it's a nice reference point, you know you're looking at roughly 270 when a certain part starts getting in the way.
Open up Cameras.dat and navigate to the Dummy_Cam_Binocular section. Open the CameraParams section and change ClipDistance to 0.1.

RFB Team Leader
Old 10-26-08, 10:55 PM   #1610
Task Force
Rear Admiral

are saves from the previous version no longer anygood. My gato is missing its AA and Deck guns.:hmm:
Old 10-26-08, 10:55 PM   #1611
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
are saves from the previous version no longer anygood. My gato is missing its AA and Deck guns.:hmm:
Most likely.

RFB Team Leader
Old 10-26-08, 10:57 PM   #1612
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Darnet, I sunk one carrier and over 6 merchents. Even got a skin made by the kill flags mod team. now maby that last save in port.
Old 10-26-08, 11:10 PM   #1613
Quagmire
Watch Officer

Downloads: 52

Excellent work! We finally have a "supermod" for SHIV!

I was a TMO guy and I am doing my best to make the transition to RFB. One thing I miss was the ability to dive below 450 feet. Ducimus accomplished this by setting the snorkel depth value to 800 ft or something so that you could call snorkel depth and dive below 450 ft. You had to level off with the "A" key to stop the dive.

So, am I missing something or is diving past 450 ft not possible in RFB?

Thanks!
The day publishers figured out that they could sell flashy first person shooters to teenagers in numbers greater than sand on a beach was the day that quality simulations died. --Col. Tibbets UBI SHIV Forums

I guess they should have made SH4 an open boat where we run around inside and shoot each other a 1000 times. They seem to handle those games with numerous patches. --Longam UBI SHIV Forums

A sad day has dawned...
Old 10-26-08, 11:52 PM   #1614
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Excellent work! We finally have a "supermod" for SHIV!

I was a TMO guy and I am doing my best to make the transition to RFB. One thing I miss was the ability to dive below 450 feet. Ducimus accomplished this by setting the snorkel depth value to 800 ft or something so that you could call snorkel depth and dive below 450 ft. You had to level off with the "A" key to stop the dive.

So, am I missing something or is diving past 450 ft not possible in RFB?

Thanks!
Try Shift+D. Almost positive thats the command key to "set dive planes for deep dive".
Old 10-27-08, 12:35 AM   #1615
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Yes its Shift D.
Old 10-27-08, 12:52 AM   #1616
Quagmire
Watch Officer

Downloads: 52

Yeah I tried that. Ducimus had "SHIFT-D" set to 800 ft or something like that so you could dive past 450 ft. "SHIFT-D" now takes you to 38 ft which is radar depth.

Is there any way we can get this back. It takes a lot of the fleet boats advantage away when it cant dive deep. Especially the Tench!

Thanks!
The day publishers figured out that they could sell flashy first person shooters to teenagers in numbers greater than sand on a beach was the day that quality simulations died. --Col. Tibbets UBI SHIV Forums

I guess they should have made SH4 an open boat where we run around inside and shoot each other a 1000 times. They seem to handle those games with numerous patches. --Longam UBI SHIV Forums

A sad day has dawned...
Old 10-27-08, 01:28 AM   #1617
kwbgjh2
Bosun

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Yeah I tried that. Ducimus had "SHIFT-D" set to 800 ft or something like that so you could dive past 450 ft. "SHIFT-D" now takes you to 38 ft which is radar depth.

Is there any way we can get this back. It takes a lot of the fleet boats advantage away when it cant dive deep. Especially the Tench!

Thanks!
I'll never had that problem with any version of the RFB Mod. As i remember Ducimus introduced the "Shift+D" because the submarines in Stock SH4 never dived deeper than crush depth (and TMO left this untouched). In RFB your sub dives with normal "D" as long until it crushes or you give the order to stop diving deeper.

Old 10-27-08, 03:40 AM   #1618
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your work. As mentioned in the Manual, you found a problem in the inititial code that has now been 'magnified'. We all know that the source of any problems is stock SH4 (and SH3 which it's based on) and that if it had been stable in the first place you wouldn't have to spend your time patching holes in the programme before being able to improve things. It must be a helluva task to put something like this out and when you get people like me whining about this and that, it must be disheartening.

RFB has brought SH4 so close to being what it should always have been. Imagine if the original was so good that all there was left for modders to do was make radio stations and new ship models?
Old 10-27-08, 03:42 AM   #1619
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddals
Is there any reason why there is no guns crew to be enabled for the Sargo Class Boats during that period?
Which gun? The AA gun or deck gun? I just ran a 1941 mission with the Sargo, and I have slots for both guns with this boat.
Both AA & Deck Gun. I cannot allocate gun crew manning in the initial setup when allotting crew positions. When I use the F6 & F7 keys to bring up the guns nothing happens. All the other F control keys operate ok. Also the deck gun in the menu control at the bottom of the screen is ghosted out even though I have both fitted. The control button for the AA gun (i.e. gun crew,fire at will,short range), respond when being used, but still cannot view the AA gun when F7 is used.
I will try removing the mods after RFB & see what happens.
BTW the mod setup is from a fresh install as well.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
Old 10-27-08, 04:39 AM   #1620
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosje
Luke, is there a way to get the camera obstructions back on the bridge? I loved having to walk to the back before I could take a look at that contact. Also it's a nice reference point, you know you're looking at roughly 270 when a certain part starts getting in the way.
Open up Cameras.dat and navigate to the Dummy_Cam_Binocular section. Open the CameraParams section and change ClipDistance to 0.1.
cheers Luke, but I don't have an editor so all I can find with notepad is this:
...\data\library\cameras

ClipDistance €@

my tweaking skills are restricted to messing around with commands.cfg
if someone with the required skills and software could sort this out for me, that would be grand. It's just a minor thing, all the rest is wonderful. I suppose there's nothing wrong with being given a hard time in less than perfect conditions.

thanks

edit: i tried using timetraveler's mini tweaker and an old cameras_dat.txt file i found somewhere, but it does not seem to work. It updates the cameras.dat and makes a copy of the original which is called 'copy of cameras' and which i need to remove from the games folder, correct?
the tweaker says it's a file for version 1.2 so that may be a problem. either way, the mini tweaker now says the clipdistance is 0.1 but it doesnt work on the S-42 bridge. any advice?

Last edited by Bosje; 10-27-08 at 05:22 AM.
Closed Thread