Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-16, 05:33 PM   #1591
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Breivik - 07/22/2011 - five years ago

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 07:03 PM   #1592
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Unreal to see the video of the gunman, outside of McDonalds, just start shooting those people!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 07:42 PM   #1593
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Its possibly over. Police cautiously gives all clear signal. The dead corpus of an 18 year old Iranian with German papers that they found is now strongly assumed to be the attacker, and police now assumes he acted all alone. Busses drive again.

Possibly a mentally ill. He should have shouted that he was in psychiatric treatement, also yelling that he were German. There is a quite bizarr video of hiom on the roof of a parking house, exchanging offences and arguments with a resident who shouted at him out of his house window from a distance. - Surreal!

Nice lesson on the trustworthiness of witness accounts. "Three men with long guns." "Shots from three directions." "Shootings in other parts of the city."

Last edited by Skybird; 07-22-16 at 07:54 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 07:47 PM   #1594
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its possibly over. Police cautiously gives all clear signal. The dead corpus of an 18 year old Iranian with German papers is now strongly assumed to be the attacker, and police now assumes he acted all alone.
Now the hard work for the German police and secret service start-finding out if he acted on order from Daesh or other terror group or own his own- inspired by Daesh/other or by himself

Or if he was psychological unstable

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 10:03 PM   #1595
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I am glad he is dead!!!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 02:54 AM   #1596
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
There is a quite bizarr video of hiom on the roof of a parking house, exchanging offences and arguments with a resident who shouted at him out of his house window from a distance. - Surreal!
The dude had time to film the whole thing over minutes and upload it on the net but did he care to inform the cops of the whereabouts of the attacker? Possibly not as none of them tried to stop him on the roof.

Last edited by Schroeder; 07-23-16 at 05:33 AM.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 04:57 AM   #1597
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
The dude had time to film the whole thing over minutes and upload it on the net but did he care to inform the cops of the whereabouts of the attacker? Possibly not as none of them tried to stop him on the roof.
Don't assume the worst.
He wasn't alone at his home, he or someone else might have contacted the cops while he was filming OR he started after contacting them.
You don't know... don't assume the worst when we already live in such times.
Old 07-23-16, 05:14 AM   #1598
Skybird
Soaring

Police now talks of an "amok background". The attacker was 18 years, student, held Iranian and German nationality with his family coming from Iran, lived in Munich since 2 years, and in his flat they found material and books about amok runs. He was in psychiatric therapy, in the press conference talk was of major depression.

His victims all but one were young: three were 14 years, two more were 15, one was 17, one was 19, and one was 20. The oldest victim was 45.
Old 07-23-16, 05:37 AM   #1599
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
He was in psychiatric therapy, in the press conference talk was of major depression.
So what? I'm still recovering from a medium depression and never ever felt the urge to kill someone else. So the whole" he had a depression that made him do that" (just like with the Germanwings murder) is BS to me.
Old 07-23-16, 05:52 AM   #1600
Skybird
Soaring

Easy there, Schroeder. "Depression" is a VERY wide field. And its a very mean thing. I now that from professional point of view - and from my family.

We are not talkign about the abuse of the term by the public, were it is almost chic to tell on telephone that last week "I had a depression", and "I feel depressed today".

Maybe it is a media cover up to hide that the guy was this or that. Like some media already have started to hide the Iranian background.

But if real major depression played a role here, then anything was possible. All the time while it could have been even more, a wrong diagnosis, or part of something else. It is unusual that depressive patients find the energy to turn violent against their environment, they more often turn violent against themselves, ironically just when their batteries have just charged a little bit again - before they had not sufficient power to hurt or kill themselves. Most depressives killing themselves during therapy, do so after they got medication and reported to feel better. I think in case of this Iranian-German, there probably was more, kind of hallucination, maybe an unfolding schizophrenia, paranoia, whatever.

This still needs explanation, however. The guy had books on amok runs in his flat, and from my way of arguing on religion, fanatically practiced or fundamentalist religion is a form of dementia in itself.

A link to the "jubilee" of the Breivik amok run also is possible as a motivational factor.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-23-16 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-23-16, 06:37 AM   #1601
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
I am glad he is dead!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
So what? I'm still recovering from a medium depression and never ever felt the urge to kill someone else. So the whole" he had a depression that made him do that" (just like with the Germanwings murder) is BS to me.
The only positive I can derive is the fact he is dead and won't be harming anyone ever again.

My condolences to the loved ones of those who were murdered.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 06:49 AM   #1602
Skybird
Soaring

Police now says the attacker "was obsessed with Anders Breivik".

There is yet to be verified info on that the attacker intentionally lured his victims into the fastfood restaurant via an invitation he sent via a hacked facebook account. "I buy for you what you want, but not too expensive", the message should have read.

Doesn't sound too much like a "depression" to me, more like somethign different, maybe a personality disorder of any kind. A depressive has not the energy to prepare and invest. Delusions, paranoia, schizophrenia match better. But this is said from a long distance. Maybe he was treated on false grounds. Happens not rarely in abulant practice, and giving certain diagnosis sometimes gets avoided due to them beign considered as being "stigmatizing".

300 rounds of ammo in his Rucksack. He had high-flying plans. And btw, beside the dead, 21 injured.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-23-16 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-23-16, 06:57 AM   #1603
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Screw depression and Breivik obsession! Media reports he also played VIDEO GAMES!

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 07:27 AM   #1604
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Screw depression and Breivik obsession! Media reports he also played VIDEO GAMES!
That means that the risk of an attack comes from every European male under 35 and 3/4 of females under 35

How many million is that ??
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 07:35 AM   #1605
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Just published by FOCUS Germany:

Quote:
Die Polizei geht derzeit Hinweisen nach, wonach der 18-Jährige womöglich ein Facebook-Profil hackte, um gezielt Opfer zu der McDonald's-Filiale zu locken, in der er begann, um sich zu schießen. "Wen sieht man heute alles im 16 Uhr im Meggi neben OEZ? Ich kann auch gerne spendieren", stand dort.

"Er hat uns immer wieder bedroht"

Wie die „Bild“ berichtet soll S. auch einen Account beim Online-Spiel „Steam“ gehabt haben. Dort war er unter Namen wie „Psycho“, „Bis ich keinen Sinn mehr sehe“, „Wir spielen dieses Spiel bis zum Tod“ und „Godlike“ angemeldet.
Die Zeitung beruft sich auf einen Schulfreund des Täters, demzufolge S. Mitspielern bei „Steam“ dazu aufgefordert haben soll, zur McDonald‘s-Filiale zu kommen.„Wir haben ihn vor über einem Jahr aus der Gruppe ausgeschlossen, weil er uns immer wieder bedroht hat“, sagte der ehemalige Freund der „Bild“.
He was banned from the group of his former friends a year ago, becasue he repatedly threatened them, a former friend says. He had Steam and there acted under names like "Psycho", "Until I see no more meaning", "We play this game until death" and "Godlike". His FB account used a portrait of Breivik as avatar.

He should also have used his Steam account to lure his victims into the diner.

The more I hear, the more I sense serious personality development problems there. The parents and the atmosphere in the family must be carefully checked.

The sad thing about all this aftermath is that all focus is on the attacker, all curiosity and media interest. 9 victims dead, 21 injured - nobody cares. We must not pull them into the spotlights of the public, those surviving probably do not want that anyway. We just should question our priorities a bit, I think.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-23-16 at 07:44 AM.

Tags
terrorism