Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-16, 03:38 PM   #1561
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

That has been a thought of mine Platapus, and if you put automatic rifles into the equation then the amount of lead in the air increases expectationally.

I guess the Republican Convention will just have to put their faith in their attendees having good trigger discipline.
Old 03-26-16, 03:55 PM   #1562
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
If I were a bad guy and I knew that the group had a good expectation of being attended by people carrying concealed weapons, all I would do is get some firecrackers with a delay/long fuse. All I would have to do is just start the chain reaction. The good guys would handle the rest.
I hope the bad guys don't read this ...

the results of a long string of fire crackers would be very very bad

Plus say good-by to being POTUS if anything happens at the GOP convention which is a week before the democrats convention by the way.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-26-16, 04:29 PM   #1563
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Imagine an event where there are only "good guys with guns". It just takes one GGWG to think there is a BGWG (via firecracker or even the popping of a bottle of bubbly!)

He pulls his weapon and the other GGWGs think he is a BGWG and pull their weapons. The first GGWG now thinks he is facing multiple BGWGs and opens fire.

By definition, this guy now becomes a legitimate BGWG and is an legitimate target. Unfortunately, this hapless GGWG (now BGWG) still thinks he is a GGWG and that the other GGWGs are the BGWGs.

It would make a funny sketch in a comedy movie.. But real life is DID.

While attending conventions, don't be the one who drops the metal tray.

Or be the one standing net to the one who drops the tray!
Old 03-26-16, 04:57 PM   #1564
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Tell me one thing. How does Cruz think he's eligible to run for POTUS? He was born in Canada and is not a Natural Born US citizen. Maybe he holds dual citizenship but that does not make him Natural Born.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
Old 03-26-16, 05:06 PM   #1565
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
While attending conventions, don't be the one who drops the metal tray.

Or be the one standing net to the one who drops the tray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Tell me one thing. How does Cruz think he's eligible to run for POTUS? He was born in Canada and is not a Natural Born US citizen. Maybe he holds dual citizenship but that does not make him Natural Born.
Has Trump asked for Cruz's birth certificate yet?
Old 03-26-16, 05:22 PM   #1566
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
The discussions are still ongoing concerning that challenge, specifically concerning the citizenship of the parents. One of Cruz's parents, his mother, is a U.S. citizen and never changed that status. Cruz himself renounced his Canadian citizenship in favor of U.S. citizenship in 2014. Several legal scholars agree that he is not a U.S. citizen, while several others are agreed that he is. The only way for it to be resolved is if he becomes his party's nominee, in which case it would have to be decided in court. If not, then it doesn't matter.

Cruz is not the only candidate to have his citizenship challenged. Besides the obvious recent challenge to Barack Obama, others whose citizenship has been questioned over the years are Chester A. Arthur, Barry Goldwater, George Romney and John McCain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natura...citizen_clause
Old 03-26-16, 05:26 PM   #1567
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
I was born in Fukuoka, Japan to US parents, and I've always been considered a natural born US citizen. Maybe if Trump muddies the water enough I'll become unnatural...or supernatural.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 03-26-16, 05:39 PM   #1568
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
I was born in Fukuoka, Japan to US parents, and I've always been considered a natural born US citizen. Maybe if Trump muddies the water enough I'll become unnatural...or supernatural.
It's a Jap!

Into the camp with you!!
Old 03-26-16, 05:56 PM   #1569
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's a Jap!
Engrishman, terr me the rocation of yoah head-quatah! Ah, I see you suppry I speak Engrish so werr.

Quote:
Into the camp with you!
Given the atmosphere here, it's possible.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 03-26-16, 06:02 PM   #1570
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(Little off topic)

I don't care where a person is coming from

I only care for how he or she trat me and other people.

Markus

(End of off topic)
mapuc is online  
Old 03-26-16, 06:08 PM   #1571
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Look like Bernie is clobbering Hillary here and in Alaska today. I knew Washington would be a slam-dunk for Bernie.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/26/politi...es-highlights/

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 03-26-16, 06:31 PM   #1572
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The good guys would handle the rest.
I'm sorry Platapus but i've heard this OK Corral argument before and there seems to be little or nothing of substance to back it up. It's just unproven supposition based apparently upon the concept that we shouldn't be allowed any freedom or personal responsibility because we can't be trusted with it. Such an opinion is at complete odds with the very concept of our nation.

For one thing just because people are carrying a weapon it doesn't mean that they are going to suddenly turn into Dirty Harry, drawing and sweeping the crowd with it just because they hear some firecracker pops off in the distance. They are going to do what every other civilian is going to do and that's duck if it's loud enough and then look around to see whats happening first. They'll probably not draw their weapon at all because they'll see that a. the incident is over and b. the presence of a million cops and other convention security.

On the other hand if a bunch of Jihadis were to swarm into the hall tossing hand grenades and shooting automatic weapons then i'd think few cops or other armed citizens are going have a problem with a guy who is shooting in the same direction that they are, and they won't really care if he has a badge showing or not.
Old 03-26-16, 06:32 PM   #1573
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ted Cruz won't be the GOP's choice anyway and if he was lucky enough to win the nomination six (6) states have contested his being eligible to be the POTUS.

but he is able to take enough votes from Donald Trump that a contested convention is possible and from what I hear the delegates can then vote for whomever they want to, thus the right to bear arms will then come into play

Bernie is winning Alaska and Washington? Wow!

He only needs 720 more delegates

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...-count-tracker
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-26-16, 07:15 PM   #1574
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Bernie is winning Alaska and Washington? Wow!

He only needs 720 more delegates

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...-count-tracker

Bernie's bar is certainly higher when the party officials are considered. He needs to win more than 67 percent of the remaining delegates overall, from primaries, caucuses and the ranks of uncommitted superdelegates to prevail.

But there's little question that Sanders has tapped into a powerful frustration within the Democratic party. Even with the long odds, he continues to attract tens of thousands to his rallies and has collected more than $140 million from two million donors.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 03-26-16, 07:25 PM   #1575
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
... or Trump will just summarily deport you...

Quote:
Engrishman, terr me the rocation of yoah head-quatah! Ah, I see you suppry I speak Engrish so werr. ...
Ah, you are of the Sessue Hayakawa school; IIRC, Hayakwa, in on of his WWII films uttered the line: "After Japan wins the war, I hope to run a university in your country" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I'm sorry Platapus but i've heard this OK Corral argument before and there seems to be little or nothing of substance to back it up. It's just unproven supposition based apparently upon the concept that we shouldn't be allowed any freedom or personal responsibility because we can't be trusted with it. Such an opinion is at complete odds with the very concept of our nation.

For one thing just because people are carrying a weapon it doesn't mean that they are going to suddenly turn into Dirty Harry, drawing and sweeping the crowd with it just because they hear some firecracker pops off in the distance. They are going to do what every other civilian is going to do and that's duck if it's loud enough and then look around to see whats happening first. They'll probably not draw their weapon at all because they'll see that a. the incident is over and b. the presence of a million cops and other convention security.

On the other hand if a bunch of Jihadis were to swarm into the hall tossing hand grenades and shooting automatic weapons then i'd think few cops or other armed citizens are going have a problem with a guy who is shooting in the same direction that they are, and they won't really care if he has a badge showing or not.
So all the various cases in the past where private citizens have mistakenly shot other persons due to an erroneously perceived threat just either didn't happen or each an every one of them is a singular occurrence and not collectively a highly traceable indicator of basic human behavior, behavior which is at the core of the problem of "contagious shooting", recognized as such by both civilian law enforcement experts and the experts in the military, experts who have to deal with trained individuals and not civilians of dubious firearms ability? Talk about blinders...

<O>

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump