SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-17, 07:16 PM   #1
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@Jeff

Radio messages will appear just before and in wartime.

@theconstanza

Did you try to enable 1920x1080 and then let the driver do the work by scaling to your full resolution?
Old 11-04-17, 09:29 PM   #2
MG Mike
Bosun

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Hello and Ahoi !!

just loaded and testet the new 5.0...

it´s stunning !! Really awesome !! especially the full interios for Type II and IX.

Very impressive. Great work.

Finaly a WAC Version which contains so many things, that i had to load and activate seperately in the past and sometimes the mods did not work together and so on and so on...

But now, all in one , absolutly great !!

But a few questions left.

In the last version of the interiors of flakmonkey i had the possibility to get back to the last freecam position by hitting the "0"
And a click on the right mouse button should bring me back from top of the tower inside the tower. But if i do the right click the camera stands over the ocean and my boat sails away

That must be wrong...

And could it be that the textures in the commandroom and officers quarters are low res ? Why? for performance reasons ?

And the first conning tower of VII C looks as a early pre war version like VII B
there´s missing these wind or watershield or what ever it was ..

It has been a few years since my last time on SH3 with Wac 4.1, but these missing things i remember....

I thought the VII B and C models from wise or kovall were higher in detail, or were they reduced for performance reasons ??

well,

i used as one of my first gameplay tests the golden Zeit single mission with a Type IX B . That was great and much fun. Sunk many ships..
beautyfull explosions and smoke. At some points looks a little bit too much like fireworks, but awesome anyway.

The Type IX aft torpedoroom is very nice work ! Well done ! But can you tell me how the aft portside tube should be reloaded ?? there is the one part in the way, so the torpedo would not fit in the tube...

But if i oversee this , the aft torpedo room looks very nice. It´s a conversion of the bow torp. room from type VII and the aft tube from type VII was copied and pasted next to the first or not ?!

Great idea to make the aft torp room without having too much work with making the room completely new.. !

I´m looking forward to start a new career with the "Einbaum" and the beginning at Kiel..

Hopyfully the airbase near the target area has gone. In WAC 4.1 i had always if i start in august 39 and i went to the target area very much airplanes as my first torpedo hit the target ship. From one second to the next there appeared a german airplane squadron which attacked the target ships and sunk them all, so there were nothing left to do for me...

I hope this bug is fixed now.. But i will see it as soon i start the new career..

regards
mg mike
MG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 07:29 AM   #3
thecostanza
Nub

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@theconstanza

Did you try to enable 1920x1080 and then let the driver do the work by scaling to your full resolution?
Well, the game does go fullscreen, but it is simply upscaled 1080p, I was wondering if there was a way I could play in 2560x1440p properly, so I can appreciate the textures better. Doesn't look so good on my monitor.
thecostanza is offline   Reply With Quote