Closed Thread

Old 07-11-17, 05:43 AM   #6901
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
There is a saying here in the UK that I firmly believe in: How do you know that a politician is lying? Their lips start moving.
And their pockets for those secret brown envelopes.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-11-17, 05:55 AM   #6902
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Taylor Review: All work in UK economy should be fair
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40561807

Yea right another feel good report, oh yea how nice it is, will the good bits be bought in to help people? What a hoax, all they will do is bring in more TAX and screw us even more. Lies lies stinking rotten lies.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-11-17, 06:02 AM   #6903
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Tory MP Anne Marie Morris has whip suspended over n-word remark
http://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-an...emark-10943881

She should be booted out of the HoC and a by-election to be held and as for the rest of that lot in the meeting who did not raise a eyebrow they too need sorting out.

Old 07-11-17, 12:46 PM   #6904
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Boris simply can't help himself

Quote:
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has told MPs the European Union can "go whistle" for any "extortionate" final payment from the UK on Brexit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40571123

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-11-17, 05:01 PM   #6905
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Boris simply can't help himself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40571123
I bet we will give them a big pay off if we leave.

Old 07-12-17, 05:46 AM   #6906
STEED
Lucky Jack

The big knobs are away so for PMQ's we have in the Blue corner Damian Green and in the Red corner we have Emily Thornberry. Who will win, who will loose and will jim be watching eating his curry well in 15 minutes we shall see.

PMQ's comments to follow after i have watched it.

Well 1-0 to Labour giving me a good laugh about Mrs May suggestion boxes all around the HoC. Over all it was a lite version of the normal banter we get.

Quote:
'Anniversary blues' as Theresa May marks a year as PM
http://news.sky.com/story/anniversar...as-pm-10945207

Not going to plan Mrs May?

Last edited by STEED; 07-12-17 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-12-17, 06:01 AM   #6907
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

EU insists on EU court of justice having ultimate jurisdiction in Britain to oversee rights of U citizens living in the renegade province of Britain. Chief negotiatior Barnier says that else British laws just could be unilaterally changed later, at EU foreigners disadvantage.

What he did not say is that if Britain would accept this, Barniers' words are true the other way around as well: the EU court then could legitimize chnages to the final Brexit treaty affecting status of Britains and EU citizens in the "diaspora" .

What irks me her eis that the EU still acts and wants to deal with this all as if Brexit means nothing and the EU could still be ruling Britain as if it were a member that must obey to the house rules.

The European Court of justice is an explicit body of the EU administration structure and was formed to overlook the implementation of EU laws, treaties and legal framework of the EU. The court is part of the EU's own framework.

If I were a Brit I would already here say: "Lets quit and call it a day. We're done."
Old 07-12-17, 06:29 AM   #6908
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
If I were a Brit I would already here say: "Lets quit and call it a day. We're done."
The elephant in the room Sky its clear we have no Plan-B or C. No exit plan what so ever if we walk away as it stands.

Old 07-12-17, 06:58 AM   #6909
Skybird
Soaring

Yes, I think so. Threatening a hard Brexit while wanting a soft , a non-Brexit that allows to save one's face by the wordings, but that does not change the substance of the present rules. A mess. The British side should have said before the referendum "Either a clear cut, more or less unnegotiated, or no Brexit happening, period." Instead: weasling, scheming, opportunistically misleading the public, and not meaning what one was telling them.

Result: a position of weakness and helplessness. In such conditions you do not negotiate - you suffer what you must. The other side is determined to turn this into a precedence case, and exmaple that scares all others for all time to come to ever think about leaving the glorious EU.

Johnson, Cameron, May, they all have blown this one big time. And they do not stop their scheming eggdances.

I only would wish those claims by the EU for being paid out by over one hundred billion, would indeed by valid and real, then Britain would have a heavy pound for negotiations, maybe. On the other hand: what do one hundred billions mean if money and value mean nothing anymore, and the differentiation between debt and wealth has become blurred so much that you cannot see it anymore?
Old 07-12-17, 10:34 AM   #6910
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I still believe a deal/compromise will be reached but failing that the UK must be prepared to walk away if it becomes necessary.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-12-17, 11:28 AM   #6911
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
I still believe a deal/compromise will be reached but failing that the UK must be prepared to walk away if it becomes necessary.
Although I personally like the idea of flipping a finger to Brussels there is one big financial elephant in the room: if there is no agreement, EU can simply implement import tarifs to cover what you "owe" to them. Although both would lose in that scenario, the hit would be worse in the UK's side than EU's.
Old 07-12-17, 01:12 PM   #6912
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
Although both would lose in that scenario, the hit would be worse in the UK's side than EU's.
Tell that Germany. German exports to the UK in 2016 surpassed 86B Euros, with the UK exporting to Germany worth 36B Euros. Thats a factor of roughly 2.5. In totals, Germany has more at stake in having no deal here or getting hit by a regime of mutual economic sanctions between the UK and the EU, than the UK has to loose in totals. Germany is Britain's most important export destination, and Britain is Germany's third biggest export destination (after the US and France). 12% of German EU exports went to the UK. If listing it by foreign trade saldi, the UK even is Germany's biggest partner. As importer to Germany, the UK ranks on 11th place for Germany. In total turenouts, the UK ranks 5th place in Germany's trade statistics.

https://www.destatis.de/DE/ZahlenFak...l#tab175736No2
https://www.destatis.de/DE/ZahlenFak...ublicationFile

Any fail to achieve a mutual agreement will most likely do more damage to Germany, than to Britain. I make no prediction on whether Euronanny Merkel will agree to let her German peasants pay that price, or not. She will chose a decision purely opportunistically, as always, only this is certain. And the Germans will obey. They are very good in that.

Add to that the compensations for membership fees Britain will no more pay once Brexit indeed has turned into an exit.Who do you think is expected to pay most of that? And France's Macroman has blocked regulations and the implementation of EU rules to control banks even tighter, in a bid to convince Banks leavin Lonmdo9n not to go to Frankfurt, but Paris, he also pushes agressively for the collectivisation of debts in th eeurozone, and wants that EU members not havign the Euro nevertheless must sooner or later participate in that debt relief. Net profiteer of all this: France.

So much for the announced honeymoon of the French-German axis.

Total losses for Germany could be higher than British losses, if no deal gets agreed on. However. Germany can digest higher losses probably more easily than the UK can digest even smaller losses. But that is valid for the Germany of the present only. In three years already, this could look completely different already. Wehat goes up, must come down, and Germany flies incredibly high alreeady since incredible eight years already - maintianing that high cruise at the cost of low wages and accumulating plenty of social dynamite.

When we go Baddaboom! , you all will take note of it even if you have been in deep sleep, promised.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-12-17 at 01:27 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 07-12-17, 01:35 PM   #6913
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

@Skybird, Thank you! I didn't know it is thtat way in Germany. Ratio for whole EU which I have heard previously was almost exact opposite.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Compromise on UK's departure payments could be win-win in long run, but can you sell that to voters? Scheduled departure for UK (unless agreed otherwise) is spring 2019 which is also when next parliamentary elections will be held in Finland.
Old 07-12-17, 03:07 PM   #6914
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

About our election, I have changed a known saying

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you

Here is what I have changed or added to it

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you, fool me every time, I will put my vote on you.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 07-12-17, 03:19 PM   #6915
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you, fool me every time, I will put my vote on you.

Markus
To cover and hide the disgrace that you allow to get fooled time and again?

https://www.amazon.com/Against-Democ...inst+democracy

https://www.amazon.com/Democracy-Eco...oppe+democracy

https://www.amazon.de/Prolokratie-De...er+prolokratie

Tags
british, politics