SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-15, 02:00 PM   #1
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Last night I installed GWX 3 Wilhelmshafe,St Nas, Schluese and xtra ships v7. First I checked for changes to the Menu.ini. It doesn't even have a Menu folder, so that's not a problem. Once it was installed I tried to play a mission with it. Crash! I've done some checking but can't figure out what the problem is. My alternative is to use v6 and add the LSH3 bridges that BigBoyWooly added in just for me. I would prefer the changes made to Kiel that come with v7, but I can live with the other option.
Steve, do you have some version of 4GB patch installed? You might need it for the fancy graphics of Wilhelms....

I have successfully run GWX with that mod on my machine, and it has a lower performance GPU than yours, so I'm pretty sure your hardware can handle it. I don't have GWX3 installed any more, so I can't quickly do any testing. But hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 02:32 PM   #2
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

If I'm not mistaken ( tho I usually am ), I think Steve has the 4bg installed via SH3 Front End.

I'm only just reinstalling an OS on a new SSD else I'd check, but if it helps I do have v.7 way up near the top of my mod list. I f you can wait Steve I hope to have this bugger at least up by tomorrow, twaked updated and SH3 up and running. I can post my JSGME list then.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

P.S

I know it kinda seems wierd I post this after posting a plea for help. Believe me it do work tho.
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 04:30 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Steve, do you have some version of 4GB patch installed? You might need it for the fancy graphics of Wilhelms....
Not at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
If I'm not mistaken ( tho I usually am ), I think Steve has the 4bg installed via SH3 Front End.
I did, but it has to be activated after the h.sie patch, and I deactivated that because somebody told me activate it last.

But seriously, I was wondering if it might be that. I'll have to turn it back on to test the Schleuse v7 that way.

Quote:
I'm only just reinstalling an OS on a new SSD else I'd check, but if it helps I do have v.7 way up near the top of my mod list. I f you can wait Steve I hope to have this bugger at least up by tomorrow, twaked updated and SH3 up and running. I can post my JSGME list then.
Since I wanted to have it up and running by New Years, and that obviously is not going to happen, I suppose one more day won't hurt. It's going to take a lot longer than that to get everything else installed anyway.

I adhere to the "I'll get there when I get there" philosophy anyway.
Old 01-07-15, 05:03 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Nope. Made sure the 4-Gig patch was activated and reloaded Schleuse v7. Still crashed. I'll look into it more later. Today I have a model to finish.
Old 01-07-15, 06:31 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

On a whim I tried again, this time with Game Booster turned on. It loaded and seems to run just fine. I'm still a little worried though. Will it run in that configuration with the Merchant Fleet Mod activated? I guess only time will tell.
Old 01-07-15, 09:01 PM   #6
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
On a whim I tried again, this time with Game Booster turned on. It loaded and seems to run just fine. I'm still a little worried though. Will it run in that configuration with the Merchant Fleet Mod activated? I guess only time will tell.
I'm impressed that you can resist the temptation to just load everything up and try it Right Now.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 09:07 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I feel the need to try to make everything work together. I already know from experience that if it doesn't I've accomplished nothing. Meanwhile I like to drive around the harbors looking at the sights, and if I need to sink something there's always a single mission waiting for me.