SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-14, 10:10 AM   #10
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by álvaro View Post
I´m going to do a real patrol in real time, without compression. I´m going to choose the NYGM supermod because I think the most realistic supermod. Now, I´m trying choose the U-boot and its flottille. I´m going to follow the information of historic KTB and I hope to come back alive at home. I haven´t got any tomb in the sea.
I have done this before. Believe me, it is quite stressful. 90% tedious boredom and 10% OMGWTF!!!!!!!!!!! The periods where you will be active are nail-biting. Anticipation of the kill, the frustrations of duds and the consequential necessity of a time-consuming end-around maneuver and the severe stress of dodging angry destroyers who are dedicated and motivated to make you more than dead. I have a story elsewhere on the forum where I was playing the cat and mouse game with five destroyers for over 8 hours in real time. It was extremely stressful. I also survived that encounter. I didn't get any sleep that night because I was maneuvering around and away from very angry destroyers. Even after losing them, I spent another four hours avoiding annoying them further before I could surface and make good my escape
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote