SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-13, 04:33 PM   #16
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

There are spelling errors in this quote from me that suggest that this has been tampered with and this evidence is therefore, not credible.
Old 04-07-13, 04:45 PM   #17
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Cmdr Williams, you clearly said in your opening statement a subchaser shot up your attack periscope, now you're saying it shot up both scopes.
Cmdr, which is it?

Cmdr, You clearly state that both your scopes were destroyed, yet you could somehow knew all that was going on. Cmdr, did you use that free cam...DID YOU USE THE FREE CAM during this attack?

Cmdr, it is a fact, that in this game, fire on the water can do no harm to your sub or crew, yet you continue to blame the damage on this effect? Do you have any proof that fire on the water can destroy periscopes or cause injury to your crew....any, any at all? Isn't it a fact, that this isn't what happened at all and you're lying to this court?

You state
"Not everything I put in the reports was written down officially"

Did you not know patrol logs are official reports, not a diary?

Cmdr, are you having memory problems?

Cmdr, isn't it possible you're not ready for TMO or Trav mod?

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 04:46 PM   #18
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
There are spelling errors in this quote from me that suggest that this has been tampered with and this evidence is therefore, not credible.

Overruled...

You will answer the questions regardless of spelling errors or be held in contempt. You may point out claimed spelling error for correction.

Are you calling the Admiral.......stupid........are you NIMWIT? The Admiral has the right to eat, watch TV, etc., during this hearing, any error resulting from such will be later corrected if I so choose.

It's time for a nap. I want you to answer honestly, for your benefit and the benefit of all players.

Did you use the free cam duing this battle? I use it at times, I just want the truth?

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Last edited by Armistead; 04-07-13 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-07-13, 04:59 PM   #19
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I will neither confirm nor deny my using the free camera during the attack since I enjoy naval cinema.

I will make you an offer.

I will agree to relinquish command of USS Grenadier if you let me stay in the Navy. I will agree to take a pay dock and a new assignment.
Old 04-07-13, 06:38 PM   #20
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I will neither confirm nor deny my using the free camera during the attack since I enjoy naval cinema.

I will make you an offer.

I will agree to relinquish command of USS Grenadier if you let me stay in the Navy. I will agree to take a pay dock and a new assignment.
You were offered a plea bargain, but refused.

Overruled!

However, you can end this hearing by request, knowing that you'll be subject to the findings of this court. This hearing was to give you a chance to explain your actions. If you're done explaining, this court will conclude and render a verdict.

Old 04-07-13, 06:43 PM   #21
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

That Plea Bargain was a horrible deal for all of us.

Go ahead and end it. My career in the Navy is already over.

I am offering to accept a discharge...but okay. Go ahead and tell me the same thing that I've offered. You are going to discharge me and find a new commander for Grenadier.
Old 04-07-13, 07:11 PM   #22
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Sir may I make a request on his behalf that he be demoted and place under a more experience Captain and train,that he stay on the USS Grenadier and that he be fine 500 points on his pernmate rank record
Old 04-07-13, 08:17 PM   #23
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
That Plea Bargain was a horrible deal for all of us.

Go ahead and end it. My career in the Navy is already over.

I am offering to accept a discharge...but okay. Go ahead and tell me the same thing that I've offered. You are going to discharge me and find a new commander for Grenadier.
Per your request this court will conclude.

LCDR Eugene D. Williams

Step forward and face the court.

LCDR Eugene D. Williams, USN, the prisoner, now present, moves and asks this Military Commission to conclude knowing all accounts heretofore presented against him, and which the said commission, and each member thereof, was sworn to try, and to which charges and specifications, each and every one of them, he has in person entered his plea of "guilty with explanation," He prays, therefore, that as to said original charges and specifications the court will have mercy.

LCDR Eugene D. Williams, you will now be judged by a jury of peers. You will remain in custody until deliberations have concluded.

Military sentences can include many different punishments such as death, confinement, separation from the service, reduction in pay grade, forfeiture of pay and allowances, fine, and reprimand.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-07-13, 09:51 PM   #24
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

May I have a priest and a phone call?
Old 04-08-13, 09:41 AM   #25
Armistead
Rear Admiral

July 30, 1943

Article 32 Hearing

Plaintiff : USN, Subsim Bureau of Investigation. US Govt.
Defendant: LCDR Eugene D. Williams, USN, USS Grenadier
AKA Red October

Regarding the case of LCDR Eugene D. Williams, USN, USS Grenadier this court finds the following.

That LCDR Eugene D. Williams, USN, USS Grenadier was ordered to patrol 30 nautical miles of Truk Harbor, but upon finding no ships and having no confidence in self or crew, infiltrated said harbor to attack stationary ships. Lacking confidence, this court believes LCDR Eugene D. Williams did in fact use the free camera to his advantage to enter harbor, identify and attack ships.

This court believes once in said harbor, LCDR Eugene D. Williams did attempt an attack on stationary TF, but broke off attack due to a fishing boat in the area which LCDR Eugene D. Williams mistakenly identified as a sub chaser. This court believes that LCDR Eugene D. Williams, once learning of his mistake using the free camera, then willfully and recklessly surfaced submarine to attack fishing vessel. This court believes LCDR Eugene D. Williams rammed said fishing vessel, which caused injury to several crew members and damage to sub.

This court finds that after sinking harmless fishing vessel, LCDR Eugene D. Williams from long range, using radar, fired 10 torpedoes at two large ships in stationary TF. This court believes that LCDR Eugene D. Williams did indeed hit a Hiryu class CV, causing mild damage. This court finds the Hiryu was able to make way and escape and LCDR Eugene D. Williams failed to press the attack, claiming unfounded graphical errors.

This court can find no evidence that a Yamato BB was attacked or sunk and that LCDR Eugene D. Williams simply made this attack up.

This court finds that LCDR Eugene D. Williams falsified patrol log.

This court finds LCDR Eugene D. Williams disobeyed direct orders to return to base.

This court finds LCDR Eugene D. Williams falsely accused Lt. Goose without cause or evidence of aiding the enemy.

This court finds that LCDR Eugene D. Williams did not provide proper medical care to injured crew members.

This court finds LCDR Eugene D. Williams falsely blamed modders for his errors.

This court finds that LCDR Eugene D. Williams did order the shooting of 21 protected wading birds.

This court finds that LCDR Eugene D. Williams willfully lied to this court while under oath.

------

LCDR Eugene D. Williams, do you have a final statement or wish to plead for mercy before this court renders final sentence?

Last edited by Armistead; 04-08-13 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-08-13, 06:24 PM   #26
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Old 04-08-13, 06:28 PM   #27
Armistead
Rear Admiral

It is the order of this court that LCDR Eugene D. Williams be relieved of command of the USS Grenadier and that he is to be admitted to Subsim Psychiatric Hospital and placed under the care of Dr. Steve O.L.D.

LCDR Eugene D. Williams can only return to combat status with the written approval of Dr. Steve O.L.D. and accept mission given by Admiral
Armistead.

LCDR Eugene D. Williams can remain a member of Subsim, but in low standing.

Old 04-08-13, 06:34 PM   #28
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
LCDR Eugene D. Williams can remain a member of Subsim, but in low standing.
Sucker punch to the gut eh?

Too bad my name isn't Eugene Williams. It's Red October1984.
Old 04-08-13, 06:43 PM   #29
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Sucker punch to the gut eh?

Too bad my name isn't Eugene Williams. It's Red October1984.

I'm sure your momma named you Red October1984.

This court considers this case over and awaits your approval of combat fitness from Dr. Steve.

Comply or....or......I'll never speak to you again.

Last edited by Armistead; 04-08-13 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-08-13, 06:55 PM   #30
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I'm sure your momma named you Red October1984.

This court considers this case over and awaits your approval of combat fittness from Dr. Steve.

Comply or....or......I'll never speak to you again.