SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-12, 11:43 AM   #661
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerlings View Post
Hi there,

Let me start by saying what a great work you all do! You make not only the game playable but also fastastic to watch! A sunrise above the 70th degree is just a painting now!

But I have one question. I would like to enable the "NDB, NDH mod". But "lights.cfg" has already been altered by this great mod. Can I activate without risk or should I just forget about it?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi Geerlings, if you send me the stock lights.cfg, I will tell you wether it is possible to enable NDB, NDH mod after DynEnv. If not, I think making a compatibility patch shouldn't be a big deal
Nevertheless, I seem to remember that some very common mod (TDW NewUIs, SteelViking's Interior Mod or Conus Graphic Mod? ) was facing the same issue, making No Damn Bubbles Mod no longer needed. Though I can be wrong...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 01:38 PM   #662
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Geerlings, if you send me the stock lights.cfg, I will tell you wether it is possible to enable NDB, NDH mod after DynEnv. If not, I think making a compatibility patch shouldn't be a big deal
Nevertheless, I seem to remember that some very common mod (TDW NewUIs, SteelViking's Interior Mod or Conus Graphic Mod? ) was facing the same issue, making No Damn Bubbles Mod no longer needed. Though I can be wrong...
NDB, NDH Mod is within Steel vikings Interior Mod
Old 03-21-12, 01:55 PM   #663
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flostt View Post
NDB, NDH Mod is within Steel vikings Interior Mod
hahaa!
hence the two neurons I have left in my brain are still doing their job
Old 03-21-12, 01:56 PM   #664
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

Quote:
hahaa!
hence the two neurons I have left in my brain are still doing their job
i had to look up in the documentation because I wasn't shure myself which one.....
Old 03-27-12, 06:22 AM   #665
gap
Navy Seal

Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - Skycolor Hotfix #1

Sorry for the delay guys, but hey, I had to struggle with hundred of parameters, and I could only imagine the effected of the new colours in game, as I didn't install SH5 again yet (no time for playing ). Hope I did an accetable work. here it is:

DISCLAIMER:
  • This fix is far from being the definitive color patch. Work is still in progress. Before the release of the final patch, other fixes will follow.
  • The current fix contains a general rework of environment color parameters for Arctic areas and for your joy (provided tha my changes were effective) a fast edit of the main sunny sky color parameters for all other areas.
  • Murky green sea colors for North Sea and other coastal areas have been temporarily removed. This feature will be restored with the next versions of the fix.

INSTALLATION:

unzip the fix in your MODS folder and enable it after Dynamic Environment base mod.

FOR TESTING:

Right now I am especially interested in arctic environment colors. In reworking them, I used as base the same colours as the main DynEnv mod, but I changed them slightly for getting smoother colour gradients, and better transitions between them at different times of the day. Once I will get Polar area ready, I will pick other two areas, far away from Artic, and I will start doing the same with them. Then, I will interpolate between the reworked cfg files, for getting the env colors parameters of the remaining areas. As a consequence, testing the color fixes for the "picked" areas is especially important, as their colours will affect the ones for othe zones. A final patch will be released once this process will be finished.

If you want to cooperate with the development of the patch, right now you are kindly requested to install the fix on top of DynEnv realistic version and to visit this location: 82°N 9°E on the following dates: 20/mar, 20/jun, 21/dec. For each date you should check for at least 24 gaming hours and under different weather conditions every environment colour related issue (ugly/unrealistic colours, colour banding, bad computer performance, etc). For fast testing, use an historical mission, and change its parameters. Thanks

FOR REPORTING

Any report on the current fix is well accepted. Even better if the reports are coming with the following information:
  • a short description of the problem;
  • an ingame screenshot showing the problem;
  • latitude/longitude of the location where the screenshot was taken;
  • date and time of the screenshot;
  • your mod loadout;
  • any additional information can help to understand the problem or to trace its causes

I will manage these reports, in 3-4 weeks from now, once back from my forthcoming trip
Old 03-27-12, 09:13 AM   #666
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Thanks Gap
Old 03-28-12, 12:31 AM   #667
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Fan-freaking-tastic, Gap!

Can't wait to test drive this baby!

(I'll get started on that statue right away! )
Old 03-28-12, 04:26 AM   #668
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Could you please look into the issue of the choppy waves? It's possible that it has something to do with this mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193815
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 03:42 PM   #669
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Hello Gap , I enabled your "sky colour fix" mod after the Dynamic Environmental mod, I am not 100% sure, but apparently the sky is a bit more blue (not as obviously blue as with the Real Environmental mod enabled), The mission is exact the same single hystorical mission I play to test mods "Trotz Allem 13 April 1940"

With Dynamic Environmental mod enabled
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
sobers see thru wake fix
lightfog
sobers best ever waves V2 SH5
sobers better terrain SH5

With Real Environmental Mod enabled

Last edited by tonschk; 03-28-12 at 04:30 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 02:18 AM   #670
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Preliminary report from me too, Gap:

I agree with tonschk that the sky isn't as blue as with Real Env, but I can certainly see a difference, and a much welcome one too.

Example, leaving Kiel:

Yes, it's a pretty awesome shot too. I just got myself a new desktop background

On a more serious note, compared to what I used to see, that's much better. The blue is "bluer", so to speak. Not a deep, Mediterranean blue, but that's really not all that common on those latitudes anyway. The "problem" with the old color settings wasn't that there wasn't any blue in them at all, I could see that there was blue hiding behind all of the white/gray, it was, in my humble opinion, that there was too much white mixed in with them. With the new ones, not so much.

I can now actually tell the difference between clear skies and hazy, foggy ones

Also, what may have helped a bit here is that I did a full reinstall and restart because Trev, once again, decided to update his awesome OHII, which is what keeps me from ever getting past 1940 (I kid, I kid ) and, since I was having odd artifacts that I'd never seen before too, I decided to just start over again. This has also made everything run smoother and the artifacts (such as the ocean "resetting" every 30 seconds or so) have disappeared as well.

But I've done a lot of restarts before and they never changed the white/gray skies from DynEnv, so I know for a fact that your changes did something wonderful as well

If I have to whine about anything, it would be the disappearance of the green North Sea waters, but that's really not that much of an issue at this point. I just enjoy being able to see the sky look like actual sky in between the occasional cloud.

Sorry I haven't tested the Arctic, but I'm sure that somebody will.

Thanks, Gap, and keep up the excellent work!
Old 04-14-12, 08:26 AM   #671
gap
Navy Seal

Hi guys, thank you for your feedback.

Currently I am still abroad, but once back at home I will keep on my work on DynEnv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Preliminary report from me too, Gap:

I agree with tonschk that the sky isn't as blue as with Real Env, but I can certainly see a difference, and a much welcome one too.
Not a deep, Mediterranean blue, but that's really not all that common on those latitudes anyway. The "problem" with the old color settings wasn't that there wasn't any blue in them at all, I could see that there was blue hiding behind all of the white/gray, it was, in my humble opinion, that there was too much white mixed in with them. With the new ones, not so much.

I can now actually tell the difference between clear skies and hazy, foggy ones

Also, what may have helped a bit here is that I did a full reinstall and restart because Trev, once again, decided to update his awesome OHII, which is what keeps me from ever getting past 1940 (I kid, I kid ) and, since I was having odd artifacts that I'd never seen before too, I decided to just start over again. This has also made everything run smoother and the artifacts (such as the ocean "resetting" every 30 seconds or so) have disappeared as well.

But I've done a lot of restarts before and they never changed the white/gray skies from DynEnv, so I know for a fact that your changes did something wonderful as well
Thank you Misha. I was expecting my fast skycolour adjustments not being right perfect. As a matter of fact it took to me no more than half an hour to adjust them. Actually, they were meant as a proof of concept, and according to the reports by you and tonschk I should conclude that they reached their goal.

Quote:
If I have to whine about anything, it would be the disappearance of the green North Sea waters, but that's really not that much of an issue at this point. I just enjoy being able to see the sky look like actual sky in between the occasional cloud.
No panic: this effect is an important part of DynEnv, and it will be restored as soon as possible! The only reason for removing it from the fix was the lack of time for putting it back in my edited envcolors files, as I used as base for my adjustments the "normal" (blue sea color) cfg files

Quote:
Sorry I haven't tested the Arctic, but I'm sure that somebody will.
Editing the new arctic colour settings, as well as creating my spreadsheet for displaying and fast editing of environment colours, took actually most of the time you had to wait for the skycolour fix. As the method I used for arctic colours will be the new standard for rendering better sky colors also for the remaining zones, I think all those concerned should take the trouble of checking wether my arctic settings are of their taste or not... In case I will not get proper feedback, I will keep on my work on environment colors anyway, but then, no complaints will be allowed once I will get it finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Hello Gap , I enabled your "sky colour fix" mod after the Dynamic Environmental mod, I am not 100% sure, but apparently the sky is a bit more blue (not as obviously blue as with the Real Environmental mod enabled), The mission is exact the same single hystorical mission I play to test mods "Trotz Allem 13 April 1940"
Thank you tonschk. What's the exact location of that mission?
Old 04-14-12, 09:07 AM   #672
tonschk
Admiral

Hello Gap , The screenshot below show what I think is a normal blue sky even if there are some clouds, I will post the location of the screenshot in a few minutes

Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
lightfog
sobers see thru wake fix
sobers Lights Cfg SH5
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0

Old 04-14-12, 09:11 AM   #673
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very very Much Gap I preffer much much more the blue water instead of the awful green colour water I am REALLY happy with the blue water , thank you Gap

The screenshot in the previous post and also the one included in this post are in Kiel September 19/1939 (10E-11E;55N-54N) and show as you see a clearly obvious blue sky

Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
lightfog
sobers see thru wake fix
sobers Lights Cfg SH5
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0

Last edited by tonschk; 04-14-12 at 11:06 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 10:13 AM   #674
tonschk
Admiral

Hello Gap , the location is the second (on the list ) of the historical single mission of stock SH5, Trotz Allem 13 April 1940 (17E-18E;69N-68N) thank you very very much Gap

Quote:

Thank you tonschk. What's the exact location of that mission?
Old 05-21-12, 04:02 PM   #675
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Thanks for this mod, I hope development continues. This post is also somewhat of a bump because it has been awhile since the last post.

Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote