SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-10, 10:50 AM   #1
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

what are the green lines for on the ships? You can barely read the text also....
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 10:58 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Lovely!

I like the 'paper cover' too.
Old 07-11-10, 12:18 PM   #3
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what are the green lines for on the ships? You can barely read the text also....
Those are the markings for the broken stadimeter. Worked very much to take these measurements and it's sad to see how broken the stadimeter is. Those green lines are where the stadimeter (stock, without any fix) will read the right range. So if you put the stadimeter horizontal line where is the green marking in the recon manual, you should get the corect range value for the selected target.

What I did was to load all SH5 ships into a custom mission, measure the range for every ship with the stadimeter, then I marked with the green line where the stadimeter will give you the good range value for every ship. I was completly surprised to see that there is no 2 ships with the same value, is no rule or pattern...

About the text.. not sure what text are you taling about. The info from the manual with the ship Lenght, mast etc.. or..?

TDW helped out with an optimized .py file, download link is updated, thank you very much.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 11:52 PM   #4
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Good work Magnum, this looks really nice And, good going on finding another way to fix the stadimeter, I know that what you did had to be pretty time consuming.

Anyway, if I may make a suggestion, why not include this right into reaper7's UI without the green lines since he already has a stadimeter fix? Or Magnum, perhaps you could simply make another version without the green lines that would be intended to be used along with reaper7's UI. Again, just a suggestion. Either way, thanks for this mod.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 02:37 AM   #5
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Anyway, if I may make a suggestion, why not include this right into reaper7's UI without the green lines since he already has a stadimeter fix? Or Magnum, perhaps you could simply make another version without the green lines that would be intended to be used along with reaper7's UI.
I agree and intercede fot that.

Why is my text in rec. manual in white please? Text then merges with the background.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 06:38 AM   #6
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Why is my text in rec. manual in white please? Text then merges with the background.
I have the same text problem with this (the bright version). That is why I also made a modified night vision version of it (so the text would show). I have US copy of game.

It's not compatible yet with my UIs mod (breaks the automatic mast height entry and doesn't allow manual entry of mast height). I have more script work to do with it. I sent Reaper7 a PM and awaiting a response back before I work on it any further.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 11:50 AM   #7
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I have the same text problem with this (the bright version). That is why I also made a modified night vision version of it (so the text would show). I have US copy of game.

It's not compatible yet with my UIs mod (breaks the automatic mast height entry and doesn't allow manual entry of mast height). I have more script work to do with it. I sent Reaper7 a PM and awaiting a response back before I work on it any further.

Thats fine TDW, fire ahead. You can make any changes needed .

As regards White text You need to change the Styles sheet to change the colours.
I have it done in my Mod to be black, I can post if ye want it.
Sure may as well post now. Link here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/406560792/German.rar
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 12:23 PM   #8
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post

As regards White text You need to change the Styles sheet to change the colours.
Yeah, I forgot to add the css file, that's why only me was seeing the text black.. I'm still noob in modding Updated the download links with a new release.

Last edited by Zedi; 07-13-10 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-12-10, 03:32 AM   #9
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Good work Magnum, this looks really nice And, good going on finding another way to fix the stadimeter, I know that what you did had to be pretty time consuming.

Anyway, if I may make a suggestion, why not include this right into reaper7's UI without the green lines since he already has a stadimeter fix? Or Magnum, perhaps you could simply make another version without the green lines that would be intended to be used along with reaper7's UI. Again, just a suggestion. Either way, thanks for this mod.
Reaper7 said that he will include it in his UI, so expect an update there. Not sure how this will work with TDW UI, but now he made several changes on the script, it should work. Download the pack with his changes and test it. I will upload later today a version with the green lines removed to be used with the major UI mods where the stadimeter is fixed and no need for these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
That's a localization problem, you are using the german version. I will try to make an update for this version too asap.
Old 07-12-10, 05:50 AM   #10
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Reaper7 said that he will include it in his UI, so expect an update there.
Good to hear. And again, nice work

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote