Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-10, 05:54 PM   #1
Incandescent
Watch

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Deck Gun/Flak Question.

Greetings,

I did a search and did not see this posted or responded, etc.

I have been able to send crews to the Deck Guns and Flak, but I can't figure out how to tell the to Fire At Will, or better yet, man the guns myself.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Incandescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 06:19 PM   #2
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incandescent View Post
Greetings,

I did a search and did not see this posted or responded, etc.

I have been able to send crews to the Deck Guns and Flak, but I can't figure out how to tell the to Fire At Will, or better yet, man the guns myself.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Not sure about ordering 'fire at will' but to man the gun yourself, you need to walk up to the gun and click on it. There are ladders at either side of the conning tower.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 06:40 PM   #3
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Fire at will

You can get the deck gun to fire by focusing on the target in the binoculars and pressing the space bar to "lock it" for gunnery action. I don't know how you are supposed to know that :-)
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 06:44 PM   #4
Incandescent
Watch

Downloads: 23

You can get the deck gun to fire by focusing on the target in the binoculars and pressing the space bar to "lock it" for gunnery action. I don't know how you are supposed to know that :-)

That has been the case since SH-II.
I was talking about up to IV, the watch officer could command fire at will or cease fire. I can't find anyway to do that. On another note, I had my guys manned on the first mission, had the ships in range and locked to fire upon...nothing happened, no firing as if they were under the Cease fire command which is the default with the last 3 versions.

I did not try to actually walk to the guns...
There is no quick way to get there, I actually have to walk to them every time I want to man them?
Incandescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 03:29 PM   #5
AdmiralCunningham
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Help a noob get going?

Having had Silent Hunter 3 on my son's previous laptop, which he then managed to spill tea over, we got a new laptop. Son noticed there is a newer version of Silent Hunter, so I paid £29 to get that on Steam.
Loaded it, ran it, got to a starting screen with the Actions on, with all four possible missions shown as locked. I contacted UBI support with a GamePlay question, and over the course of about two weeks and repeatedly telling them they weren't answering my question, they have finally told me today that they only deal with technical issues, not gameplay.
How do I (or more likely my son) even unlock and try to start the training mission? I understand the principle of gaining points to unlock later parts of games, but to have the training mission locked seems harsh.

I really should put in some nautical reference at least, but I'm so disappointed that the one game my son asked for hasn't even got past the welcome page. And UbiSupport have been shocking.
AdmiralCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 08:34 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

AdmiralCunningham!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 07:15 AM   #7
AdmiralCunningham
Nub

Stand easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
AdmiralCunningham!
Old 09-12-14, 01:54 AM   #8
shark11
Watch

Downloads: 224
unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralCunningham View Post
Having had Silent Hunter 3 on my son's previous laptop, which he then managed to spill tea over, we got a new laptop. Son noticed there is a newer version of Silent Hunter, so I paid £29 to get that on Steam.
Loaded it, ran it, got to a starting screen with the Actions on, with all four possible missions shown as locked. I contacted UBI support with a GamePlay question, and over the course of about two weeks and repeatedly telling them they weren't answering my question, they have finally told me today that they only deal with technical issues, not gameplay.
How do I (or more likely my son) even unlock and try to start the training mission? I understand the principle of gaining points to unlock later parts of games, but to have the training mission locked seems harsh.

I really should put in some nautical reference at least, but I'm so disappointed that the one game my son asked for hasn't even got past the welcome page. And UbiSupport have been shocking.
i still got my sh3 from when it first come out, loaded with GWX, and a heap of mods, i go back to it all the time, but am sorry i cant help you i have never had any thing to unlock, never heard of it sorry.....
shark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 07:15 AM   #9
AdmiralCunningham
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark11 View Post
i still got my sh3 from when it first come out, loaded with GWX, and a heap of mods, i go back to it all the time, but am sorry i cant help you i have never had any thing to unlock, never heard of it sorry.....
Silent Hunter 3 was okay, this seems to be a feature of 5.
Spent £29 quid on the game that my son really wanted (the only request for a game on his new PC that he made) and he can't get into the training mission to start earning rewards.
Ho-hum. Just as well he likes War Thunder - which was the game I installed for him after UbiSoft decided to just wave us away rather than help us get started.
Old 03-04-10, 06:41 PM   #10
remowilliams
Loader

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incandescent View Post
I have been able to send crews to the Deck Guns and Flak, but I can't figure out how to tell the to Fire At Will
Once the deck gun is manned using your binocs and locking the target (space) should get the crew firing. You'll see a little deck gun icon to the left in your binocs indicating that the target should be fired upon.
remowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote