SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-08, 12:10 PM   #15
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Dear Asanovic7

I follow you from the beginning, I am Racerboys fan too (and I hope the best for him) and I try your mod several days now, trying it with or without OLCE 1.7.

The last days many mods attempts help us enjoy SH3, and with several updates.

The problem is, the combatibility between them, and, the special effort to substitue one with/for an other and again, and after again.

(For these reason I stopt the update of OLCE in the version 1.7. Indeed, the actual 2.2 version is an other mod, not only a version. With wich one your mod is compatible? Every time Onelifecrisis change cap, you follow him?)

Personally, I did a big effort to modify my SH3 with GWX 2.0 compatible mods and I can't do all the marathon again.

So, I try your mod, but without every cosmetic addition like sh3.sdl, sounds, starshell etc. I will be really very happy if the visual change is without mistakes and bugs.

More specifically, I would like, if is possible, avoid the fireworks during explosions (you now, the red/rose flying fire balls) and people who fly few centimeters above the surface. Better see them below the surface than flying few centimeters above. For the same reason, I use the version without bodys in the water of Rubini's Lifeboats.

I hat CTD with your mod inside port in 1944 during air raid: it was enormous. Bombs explosions from the havy bombers, flakguns firing from everywere (GWX harbor traffic) my own flakguns firing, bombers in fire drop in the sea, explosions from hited ships and... CTD. With nvidia 8800 GTX and 2GB DDR800 and core2duo 6850. Before CTD just 1 or 2 fps. Really no the same thing like academy training...

I appreciate all your effort for sharing and stay polite and I wish you the best.

For me the best thing can happen: somebody finish the Racerboy's work with flags and pennants .... at least one IX ship ... anyone... I know, dreams...

Keep up the good attitude.

Sorry for bad English.

hey!

Actually, I din't even see olc's new version.. the v204d is compatible up to olc's ubermod 2.1, I guess, until I check 2.2 out, but I think it will still be compatible. v204d is compatible the same way also but some things may look strange.
NEW! I just saw olc's 2.2, he split the mod into separate parts. So, basically it's 2.1, if I understood correctly. But I don't know what is "optional extra"..

So, oil explosions hit the computer hard. Well, your specifications exceed mine.:rotfl: That means I am doing a mod for a computer not mine. I am pleased air raid itself(did you hear the sound?) didn't ctd you. That means it works.. I will try to downgrade the number of particles, rb was apparently very wild for those particles..
Ok, heres a quick fix for avoiding those explosions, just erase mine zones.cfg(located in data folder) and use original gwx 2.1.
Can you please try it then? With that air raid, please. That happens when you come back to port, right?

As far for the supermans flying above the water about few centimeters. Didn't nottice it so far. Was it on rough sea? My knowledge about that(from lifeboats readme) is that sh3 engine doesn't simulate well rough sea conditions for debris.
If on calm sea, honestly didn't see it.

"For the same reason, I use the version without bodys in the water of Rubini's Lifeboats."
I don't follow you there, I am sorry. Your english is not bad, if I may say so as I am not anglosaxon and my english kinda trails, but I don't "read" you there.

Thanks for the wishes and for feedback, I'll try to be polite. It's hard for me :rotfl: .
Cheers!

p.s. I asked about that mod, flags and pennants, but noone answered..
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote