SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-07, 08:19 PM   #1
zAmboni
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REL] Retro Navmap Tools --- now in JGSME format!

Edit - Now in JGSME format

Here is my first attempt at a mod for SH4. This mod gets rid of the bottom left navtools and puts them up in the top right corner ala SH3. This is really a sorta beta release, so any feedback/help/fixes would be greatly appreciated. It also places the course plotting tool back where it should be!

Download Here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/zamb0n...ronavtools.zip

Here is the readme for the mod, and a pic of the toolbar itself:
---------------------
RetroNavTools Beta release

To install with JGSME -- Unzip in the SH4\MODS folder and use JGSME to install the mod

To manually install --
1) BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL menu_1024_768.ini file!
2) Choose which version you want to install (static/dropdown) and copy the associated menu_1024_768.ini file into your SH4\Data\Menu folder.
3) Start up SH4 and enjoy!

I didn't quite like the navtools that are included in the stock SH4 install. They are just too big and takes away from valuable navmap real estate. In addition the developers decided to move the plotting tool down to the bottom menu. I have created this mod to get back to the old SH3 style navmap tools, and this release also restores the plotting tool to the navmap page.

I have included two versions, a dropdown menu like in SH3, and a static version of the menu. I will explain why there is two versions later.

Features:
1) All the functionality of the old style SH3 dropdown menu.
2) No longer is there a seperate button for "erase all", to access the "erase all" function just control-click on the erase button in the menu (I never liked the seperate button since I often mistakenly clicked the "erase all" button.
3) edge scroll on the navmap has been disabled (why? read below)

Known Problems/Bugs:
1) When the dropdown version is in it's hidden position, the supposedly hidden buttons are still functional. Clicking on the "empty" area in the top right corner may lead to unexpected tool implementation. I included a static version to avoid this accidental clicking of tools
2) Some of the toolbar menu items dissapear when clicked. This appears to be a design feature in SH4. I have yet figured a way to keep all of the menu items after clicked, if anyone knows how to fix this let me know!
3) Edge scrolling has been disabled (I never liked it to begin with). This was done because a) with the mod enabled, the screen would scroll up when I tried to access the menu b) trying to make the menu area a "dead scroll" area broke the scrolling at the bottom of the page. Just to make life simpler I just disabled it entirely.
4) Not all of the "button" area is available for activation when a tool is clicked. This is most apparent when trying to use the "mark" tool. It seems that the sim wants to use the visible portion of the tool button as an activation key. Since the "mark" tool is thin, this leads to some trouble in finding the right spot to click.
------------------------

Last edited by zAmboni; 03-25-07 at 10:42 PM. Reason: updated download