SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-17, 11:06 AM   #11
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That said, I am ready to remove the remaining green spots if you explain your point
It's quite simple : it's not logical to have fresh algae on the ladders. There may rather be some rusty metal. And on all pictures I saw of La Plate, there is only brownish mud on the base. Last point : the green mud is very visible and pixelised on the ladders, and looking very ugly, looking more like radioactive mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
So, the more I read about SHIII and texture maps, the more I get convinced that the game can't manage more than two textures per material at a time. Detracting from that the one texture channel used by the diffuse map and ignoring the ambient occlusion map, which was blended to the diffuse texture, we are left with just one channel which we can use either for the specular or for the normal map. Which one should we use?

Personally I would opt for the specular map, but I wish to listen to your opinion before anything. Should you need a description of how each texture map works, please read the document below:

http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.p...xture_Overview
Yeah, not easy. First, are normal maps working in SH3 ? Specular maps are more important IMO, because you can choose 2 parameters : the shininess and its saturation. But is it working in SH3 ? Why can you choose also the specular strenght of a diffuse map ?

About glow maps, is this the type used by the buildings' and ships' windows with light at night ?