Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-16, 04:32 PM   #11
Cpt Geir
Nub

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Ohoy fellow subbies!

My name is Captain Geir, and my organic organism I'm trapped in, was made in Norway. Since age of 6, after seeing Das Boot for the first time, I got insanely addicted to submarines. First subsim I could develope the addiction on was the game Silent Service I on Commodore 64 at about the age of 7-8. As any other relationships with something that really touches you inside, it wont wear off that easy.

At age of 12 I drawed my first submarine after best knowledge after studying Das Boot, and with good help from teachers at school, and other relative grown ups. With hydroplanes, ballasttanks, pipes, vents, etc. This was the absolute peak of my addiction, what could be considered a mix of fantacy psychosis and manic depression. This lasted about a half year. No sub build due to lack of funds, lack of RL orientation, lack of age. But! It was fun.

Since then it came to an halt due to other real life stuff after puberty age.

After 2005 discovering SHIII the love for submarines have flowered again, but in moderate way, and been playing since then.

Im 37 years old now, and I dont regret getting subdued in subs, specially in the VIIC sub, what is the most thoughest, best looking, most advanced sub during it's era.

(Calling it "addiction" since the thought of a sub was more or less a part of the brain at that time, just for getting the word right.)

Thanks for a good community over the years, and specially thanks for the devs for making solid mods and supermods like GWX 3.0, what made SH3 10 times better! Im sorry I cant contribute much other than actually sink as many ships as possible. Must be a couple of megatons now after all those years.

Actually I didnt donate to the website either. Gonna do that right away!

Happy hunting fellow sublovers!
Cpt Geir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro, introduction