SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-15, 01:34 PM   #1
SilentHunts
Mate

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0
Default World of Warships

I wanted to begin a thread on the game since now it is in open beta so everyone can play the game! All you have to do is go to http://worldofwarships.com/ and sign in or create an account and click play! So let me explain what the basics are to this game.

World of Warships is a free to play naval MMO action (as stated on their website) game that has ships that you can unlock and upgrade their modules. Some of the features I can mention are as follows:

Tech Tree For 4 Nations 2 Tech Trees right now are currently available and the other 2 only have premium ships but that will change with updates and such.

Modules Modules are available for each ship that there is. These modules can upgrade artillery, AA, Planes, Ship Armor and many more things. All of these first need to be unlocked with ship experience or free experience. These can help turn the tides of battle when fighting the same type of ship as you but that person has less armor or such.

Free & Ship Experience The game features ship experience & free experience. Ship Experience is Experience that you earn a lot of after each battle so you can upgrade the next ship in the line. Each line has a whole set of unique ships that can do lots of damage. Free Experience is experience that you can spend on anything that requires experience to unlock. Some of these things can be: ships and modules.

Ship Types There are 4 ship lines you can go down. First one is aircraft carriers which can launch aircraft for destroying the enemy. The second one would be battleships which are huge ships to crush the enemy and destroy them. The third are cruisers which are fast and nimble and quick to destroy an enemy. The 4th one is of course destroyers which have torpedoes you can use to destroy your enemies and cause flooding on their ship!

Port The port is where you can view all of your ships in stunning graphics. Whether that ship is a cruiser all the way to an aircraft carrier. The way that the camera works in this game is just perfect. It's almost like panning around and rotating at the same time. All ships that you unlock are in your port and can be stored there for further use. You get 6 vacant slots total for your ships but once those are full you will have to sell some ships to make room for other ships.

Gamemodes There are 2 game modes. 1 game mode is Co-op battle where players fight bots instead of real players. Then there is random battle which is a PvP gamemode. You do objectives that the maps are set to but most times there will be islands that you will most likely collide into unless you press and hold right click sometimes when in your binocular view. It zooms you out to see your ship and see any dangers coming such as torpedoes and land.

Missions Missions can provide you with extra credits to use so you can buy ships to fight in battles with. This provides extra credits rather than your normal amount you get from your battles. If your looking for extra credits use missions. They are only available in Random Battle mode though so sorry to anyone who likes Co-op mode.

That's really all I can explain about the game other than the service record which really only gives extra credits and some more features overtime. In the mean time that is really all I can add to this post for now. I'll see if I can add more in the mean time! Discuss your feelings about the game if you like it or think it needs more improvement. Remember it's in beta so some thing aren't there like people on the ships though I don't know if they will add that. Let's hope for an amazing new naval warfare game!