Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-13, 04:25 PM   #1
MrWaxton
Swabbie

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0
Unable To Update To 1.2 - Impossible.

Alright, I've looked online and on these forums trying to find a way to update Silent Hunter 5 from 1.1.5 to 1.2. I've tried everything from reinstalling (3 times so far) to using the gu.exe in the GameUpdater folder.

It refuses to patch. Once I click on the gu.exe, it instantly pops up saying, "Silent Hunter V has stopped working" and closes down. I've also downloaded the 1.2 patch from links I have seen on the forums here and no luck. It either says I don't need to patch game or it completes the install and it still says it is 1.1.5 at the main menu in-game. And in some cases (first attempt) the game stopped working altogether and I had to uninstall, download again, and reinstall. The Uplay launcher doesn't even work when I click play either. I have to manually go inside of the Silent Hunter V main folder and click the "sh5.exe" just to run the game.

I have Silent Hunter V Gold Edition. I downloaded this game from Gamestop's website. I'm beyond desperate on getting this game patched so I can use mods. It may just be that I'm a noob and am missing something but I just got this game a few days ago so I'm still trying to figure it out. This is by far the most problematic a game has ever been for me on my PC. I love the Silent Hunter series and I just want to get this game to work with mods and version 1.2.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MrWaxton is offline   Reply With Quote