SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-12, 10:10 AM   #11
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Weyprecht View Post
Hello,
I'm having problems with running SH3 Commander with multiple installs. I have three copies of SH3, a vanilla one in the default location and two others, in C:\U_sim\, one for GWX and one for NYGM. Using MultiSH3 tool, I renamed their \Documents folders, to "GWX" and "NTW" (for NYGM Tonnage War), the SH3 folder doesn't exist since I never ran the unmodified spare install. I inserted the /1: switch in the Commander's shortcut target but I still get an error message "Cannot find the \Documents\SH3..." file. Is there a way to make Commander find the cfg files in my GWX or NTW folders, or should I rename the one I'm planning to use to the default name (and change names when I want to play the other supermod)?

Sorry for reposting the question I already asked elsewhere...
The newest version of Commander no longer uses the switch in the shortcut target to identify which game installation you want to use it with. You give Commander that info within Commander itself.

If you go in Tools (or Toolbox, whatever) in Commander, in the first tab of the options box that pops up, there should be something that shows the drive/directory/folder location that Commander is using when it looks for your game installation. Next to it will be a Change or Browse button. You need to click that and direct Commander to the folder containing the game installation that you want Commander to control and launch for you.

If you are regularly playing more than one version of SH3, you can have multiple installations of Commander and set each one to work with a different version of the game, just make sure you rename all your Commander shortcuts so you know which one is which.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander