Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-11, 05:20 AM   #1
johnnyace
Swabbie

Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0
Default Hi all from an ex-RN submariner!

Morgan alle!

I'm Johnnyace and I was in the Royal Navy from '89 to '96 and was in the Submarine Service for 7 of those years. As a volunteer, I am naturally an enthusiastic bubble head and even now, 15 years after I left, I still just can't sink enough targets - not that we REALLY sank any when I was in of course! No, I joined after Conqueror's triumph but served on two of her sister boats...HMS/Ms Churchill and Courageous! Them were the days...(daydreaming). Anyway I ended my days wasting time and fuel around the North Atlantic on Repulse - a bomber (boomer to all you Americans!)

Here in the sim world I am a GREAT fan of SH-3 and I'm still playing it with GWX-3 and Cmdr 3.2, plus many other mods and STACKS of gramophone stuff! May get SH-5 if they change/mod it as I've heard the devs have ruined it and steered too far from, what was and IS, a great sim on SH-3. Good graphics no doubt but aint ALL about graphics in a sub sim - it's playability and authenticity. I am STILL fond of the days of Silent Service II when I remember one of my CDR characters getting 3 Medal of Honors and 2 PUCs! Anyway fellow sun dodgers, I've dit spun for far too long now so it was swell to surface, pull up a bollard and say ahoy and I'd love to natter with many other pirates here. Get in touch you smelly bilge rats!

johnnyace is offline   Reply With Quote