SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-08, 12:53 PM   #1
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Hey Rubini,

after you release Type IXD2, it would be "reasonable" to make some candy for a classic VIIC...

So we have something for testing till you revert to IX series...

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 12:56 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatico
it would be "reasonable" to make some candy for a classic VIIC...

NO! Me first! Me first! Type II! Type II!:rotfl:

No, I agree; the VII is the next logical choice. Of course the only real next choice is whatever turns Rubini on.
Old 03-24-08, 12:58 PM   #3
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default Yap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatico
it would be "reasonable" to make some candy for a classic VIIC...

NO! Me first! Me first! Type II! Type II!:rotfl:

No, I agree; the VII is the next logical choice. Of course the only real next choice is whatever turns Rubini on.
I hope Rubini theat u r turning on VIIc and b series of subs. Plz say it is so.
Old 03-24-08, 01:16 PM   #4
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi mates,

Expect the first Type IXd2 beta (only the new water stream) for tomorrow afternoon. I finished all two sides an hour ago (44 holes with water stream - a lot of manual work), all is working as intend. Your feedback will be very important to me, to really continues the mod or not (if we really like it or not). Any comments will be welcome as always.

Now about the next uboat...humm...Sailor Steve is our guru and the most aged here ( ) - or am I wrong? So, the type II will be the next. Sailor Steve, what type II are you running? A or D?
Old 03-26-08, 08:46 PM   #5
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 47

verry nice,n il be waiting for the IXB version then

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 03:46 PM   #6
Einsman
Engineer

Location: In one place in the Atlantic, say A Coruña, Galiza (Spain)
Downloads: 187

SCORE

Water Stream for Type IXD2 by Rubini in SH3 = 8

Water Stream for type IXD2 by Ubisoft in SH4 = 3
Einsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 10:59 AM   #7
Einsman
Engineer

Location: In one place in the Atlantic, say A Coruña, Galiza (Spain)
Downloads: 187

Hi!

Have you incorporated into this release, the on / off trigger mentioned by you?

Very good job.

Thanks.
Einsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 12:06 PM   #8
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

With a full respect to all the gorgeous mods that we have seen in a last few months (correct me if I'm wrong...) I am deeply convinced that water stream for VIIc is the most important single mod that has been reached.

Two things, that we considered impossible, in a hunt for SH4 visuals;
surface transparecy and water stream from sub... 50% seems to be busted soon, due to your brain Rubini...

Five stars, Mate

( just don't name it "final", please... )

Please, don't write poems on your devotion to IX series, simply... VIIc was spine of Kriegsmarine...

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 12:28 PM   #9
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57

I think it's at least arguable. But that alone is a geat compliment for Rubini, I think.

But in the end it comes down to one player's preferences.

If you are more into realism and gameplay then you would probably like something like OLC's Gui better.
If you get most out of the game by great emersion through fancy graphics and atmospheric sound effects then this is now one of the greatest improvements, that's true.

Since Racerboy did his exhaust mod by using hardcoded particle generating functions it was clear that something like this can be achieved. But it is still a *lot* of hard work to find out where the to trigger everything, how to set the parameters of the particle generators and so on.

So it's a really impressive work, Rubini is doing here. And I'm glad that he puts so much time and effort into it to share his results with the community.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 02:40 PM   #10
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Agreed, this is a very nice mod. I can't wait for 2.1 and RB's effects.
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 10:52 PM   #11
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichso
I think it's at least arguable. But that alone is a geat compliment for Rubini, I think.

If you are more into realism and gameplay then you would probably like something like OLC's Gui better.
If you get most out of the game by great emersion through fancy graphics and atmospheric sound effects then this is now one of the greatest improvements, that's true.

Since Racerboy did his exhaust mod by using hardcoded particle generating functions it was clear that something like this can be achieved. But it is still a *lot* of hard work to find out where the to trigger everything, how to set the parameters of the particle generators and so on.

So it's a really impressive work, Rubini is doing here. And I'm glad that he puts so much time and effort into it to share his results with the community.
I agree. Mods are a taste matter. The important is to have choices and always a better game for us. This water stream mod for example, is really good, better than SH4 water stream implementation in the end, but really, far from perfect, mainly due SH3 engine limitations.

By the way the type VIIC is ready. I will release a new version of the entire mod with the Type IXd2 reworked now with "over water" controller and the type VIIC. This new version will also contain the wake bug fix for all playable uboats. Here a pic with 9m/s wind:

Now I need to go to bed.

See you tomorrow guys.
Old 04-02-08, 11:53 PM   #12
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

WoW! that's awsome Rubini, & the release just around the corner!
Many thanks again for all the time & effort you put into this GREAT mod!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 05:14 AM   #13
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Excellent mod but a problem

I installed latest vers 3 and went on patrol in V11c everything looked fine, but after a couple of days on fast spped I slwoed down to take a look at my sub mid Atlantic with this mod.

I decided to take a dive so crash dived to 70 metres. Now this is interesting, I began to notice flickering in the interior graphics which got worse until whole areas just went black, but my crew and some dials remained fine.

Then I surfaced to see if there was any change in the visuals for surface running. Sure enough myu conning tower, deck gun and deck were all there but my hull was invisible, still there as the now wave and water running continued to run down the sides of my sub, I just couldnt see the sides of my sub. Instead all I could see was a pole where my attack perescope is, and four tubes at fron of the boat, my dive planes and one tube at back and the propeller shafts

Can any one tell me whats going on, I love this mod and its so much better than the same affect in SH4 but I'd like my sub to have a visible hull. Interestingly this only occured some time into the game, my graphics were find when I first left port.

Here is an activated mods list:

GWX - Integrated Orders
Pacos_German_Folklore_SubEmblems_Mod_V1.2
RB_7b_Flags&Ps_1_04_GWX
Thomsen's Sound Pack
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
AAAShips1.0
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX 2.0 + Iambecomes AA ships
Med_Merchant_11v1.0
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
RB_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
SH4 16k Atmosphere for GWX v1.1a
WB's GWX mission messages
OLC Environment - Colour Files
OLC Environment - High Detail Scene File with RWF
OLC Environment - GWX 2.0 Campaign Files with RWF
New_Trawlers_1.1
TypeVII_Open_Hatch
OLC Improved Wave Textures
Lighthouse V2
Water_Stream_for_Uboats_V3
TwistyPeriscopeThingyMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichso

I agree. Mods are a taste matter. The important is to have choices and always a better game for us. This water stream mod for example, is really good, better than SH4 water stream implementation in the end, but really, far from perfect, mainly due SH3 engine limitations.

By the way the type VIIC is ready. I will release a new version of the entire mod with the Type IXd2 reworked now with "over water" controller and the type VIIC. This new version will also contain the wake bug fix for all playable uboats. Here a pic with 9m/s wind:

Now I need to go to bed.

See you tomorrow guys.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 12:46 AM   #14
iceman60
Nub

Downloads: 561
Looks great but.....

This mod looks great . But on my system, my frame rates dropped while on the NavMap, to the point where I couldn't go faster than 250x as the framerate dropped to 2-5 fps. Normaly my framerate at 1000x = 40 - 50 fps.
iceman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 12:59 AM   #15
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman60
This mod looks great . But on my system, my frame rates dropped while on the NavMap, to the point where I couldn't go faster than 250x as the framerate dropped to 2-5 fps. Normaly my framerate at 1000x = 40 - 50 fps.
I can asure you that this mod don´t have any FPS hit. Probably this is a problem with another mod or perhaps your specs are too low?