SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-12, 07:31 PM   #76
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

I've installed this mod and got it working. In reading in the readme file it says that skills cost are now gradual: lvl1 cost 1 point and lvl2 cost 2 points, etc. Well I got 1 promotion point and was trying to unlock one of the skills but none of them could unlock.

How do I fix this problem?
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 07:37 PM   #77
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

enable them first by clicking the + on the panel you get when clicking on the men
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 08:19 PM   #78
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
enable them first by clicking the + on the panel you get when clicking on the men
I looked in the SpecialAbilities.upc and minimum is 2 promotion points for lvl1's.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 01:27 PM   #79
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
That means that we don´t need the : "Athlonic's TSAF Mod : Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC" ?

BUMP --- Anyone know the answer ? Thanks in advance...
Old 02-14-12, 09:08 PM   #80
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by flostt View Post
BUMP --- Anyone know the answer ? Thanks in advance...
No luck, nobody answer
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 12:39 AM   #81
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

OK, I didn't answer at first because I don't know for sure that No Magic Skills fixes the torpedo speed issue, but seeing as there aren't any other takers at the moment and seeing as how I use the mod, I'm fairly certain that you don't need the Speed Ability Fix anymore if you use No Magic Skills.

The 'torpedo speed issue' was caused by the TDC not taking your torpedo man's increased speed skill into account when you promoted that skill and, since No Magic Skills has done away entirely with that particular "make the torps run faster" skill, that issue should never occur again.

Old 02-15-12, 07:10 AM   #82
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
OK, I didn't answer at first because I don't know for sure that No Magic Skills fixes the torpedo speed issue, but seeing as there aren't any other takers at the moment and seeing as how I use the mod, I'm fairly certain that you don't need the Speed Ability Fix anymore if you use No Magic Skills.

The 'torpedo speed issue' was caused by the TDC not taking your torpedo man's increased speed skill into account when you promoted that skill and, since No Magic Skills has done away entirely with that particular "make the torps run faster" skill, that issue should never occur again.

...i wouldnt say so, because there are some players out there (like me) who are using a customized version of "No Magic skills mod", where preheating the torps is enabled again, so for me this question is still open.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 07:18 AM   #83
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...i wouldnt say so, because there are some players out there (like me) who are using a customized version of "No Magic skills mod", where preheating the torps is enabled again, so for me this question is still open.
But Stormfly, obviously if we use the "standard" version we don´t need it, right ?
Old 02-15-12, 07:38 AM   #84
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
But Stormfly, obviously if we use the "standard" version we don´t need it, right ?
as the standard version have it disabled, you wont need it

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 07:41 AM   #85
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
as the standard version have it disabled, you wont need it
Thanks
Old 04-15-12, 08:25 AM   #86
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Bump!

Just tried this mod for the first time! Great work, seems to be the only mod that actually investigates the ability system and morale I wonder if the creator Avee is still lurking around...

Now I finally think I understand how the Morale and Efficiency works. The Efficiency bar in crew management page is just the total sum of the officers skills. It goes up when the skills are upgraded and basically never goes down, as skills don't downgrade. The same is with the Crew Morale bar. It's just the sum of the officers morale (but the Leadership value is added to it I think???)

Quote:

About morale. Does anyone know, how exactly morale affect crew efficiency and does it at all?
Avee was asking this question some time ago, and what I have seen, morale doesn't affect efficiency at all. Even if you have zero morale, you can still go flank speed at 17 knots. I think that the makers of the SH 5 (was it Dan?) said in some interview that the crew still does it's job even with low morale, as they are military professionals.

So the only penalty for low morale is that you can't use special abilities that cost morale points. All morale mods should keep this in mind and keep the morale cost on in some of the abilities. It's the only way to get reactions to poor morale without some crazy exe modding. Basically the stock system works, but it's not very realistic that the crew doesn't want to man the guns when in low morale, or to shout battle stations. But I guess it's almost the same situation than in previous games when crew is fatigued and can't keep the boat going.

I think that the whole "Morale" word is a bit misleading. It could also be called Efficiency points (or Strenght or even Mana ). I believe we could use the Special Abilites and build somekind of working system that actually makes the Morale important. Avee had a great new skill "Rest Crew" that is basically the opposite of the Battle Stations. I think that ability could be very important aspect of the morale mod.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 11:47 AM   #87
Rongel
Grey Wolf

I think I noticed a nasty bug in stock game and also in this mod. Bosun's passive ability "Reduce morale decay" actually speeds the decay when upgraded further. I did 4 hour tests and checked the decay values, the higher the value in Special Ability.aix file, higher the morale loss!
Old 04-16-12, 12:41 AM   #88
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Good info! Then I need to modifie my mod. Thanks!

mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 06:48 AM   #89
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Ofcourse you can still double check it by counting the morale loss using different values. Sometimes I don't trust my eyes . But I'm 99 % sure about this.

I think I will make a new morale mod that will actually punish for low morale and reward for good morale, now it really doesn't matter at all. But I'm going to Germany tomorrow and return next week, so it will have to wait. Still I have already a pretty good concept for it!

It's a bit scary that I can't seem just play the game without spotting some irritating bug that I must try to fix
Old 04-16-12, 05:49 PM   #90
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Comment found in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\SpecialAbilities

PositiveBonus= true ; csaitan: if ability gives a positive bonus, but the percentage values are negative. then we'll have to mark it as positive.

what does this mean

If i want the CO2LevelIncreaseRate to decrease do i put -25 or 25 ?

I guess its -25

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-16-12 at 06:10 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote