SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-07, 05:14 PM   #766
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Captan Cox made one for when we were doing the lightning work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONOLITH
Does anyone know if there's any single mission that always puts you in a storm condition? Or is that always randomized?
So that we could see what we needed to do to make changes to it all. No mission peramiters nothing just a sub and a storm. That is what I use to test the lightning and Jaketoox's sea foam. Other wise I think the single missions fallow what they were programed to fallow.

BTW guys I am out of here just got the new stuff to test from everyone. I will be back much lator on or tomarrow seeing there is Kriller2's stuff and Kapitan_zur_see's sub's bubble work and more. Catch you all lator on!

Last edited by leovampire; 10-08-07 at 05:26 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 09:41 PM   #767
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Default Weird Graphic Using Row

I'm getting a weird graphics effect when I torpedo a ship and the ship begins burning. The fire looks like orange squares. Here's a couple of screenies to show what I mean.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the order in which I have the Row files installed using the JSGME? Below is a screenie of my JSGME folder.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 09:52 PM   #768
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya,
1st off i see a discrepency but if it affects your problem i don't know

Anyways, Install the TM parts as follows ......

1st gfx pak
2nd TM 1-6
3rdly the 1.63 patch

May not sort it but worth a try

Next step if that does nowt is either disable mods 1 at a time until you find the cause or on the flip side disable all but TM and ROW and then add them back untill you find the cause

Swings n roundabouts but it aint too hard with the great tool that's JSGME, Beats having to go into all folders and find the prob lol

I have just done a 2 drive dualboot so gotta re-install sh4 etc

If you still have the prob i'll DL n load same mods as you and try to work it out with you

Happy Torping

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 09:52 PM   #769
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default hang on there is another post in here where someone had the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
I'm getting a weird graphics effect when I torpedo a ship and the ship begins burning. The fire looks like orange squares. Here's a couple of screenies to show what I mean.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the order in which I have the Row files installed using the JSGME? Below is a screenie of my JSGME folder.

Let me find it to see what they did to fix it
Old 10-08-07, 10:00 PM   #770
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default look at this posting I gave you a link to at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:

Let me find it to see what they did to fix it
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=283
Old 10-08-07, 10:42 PM   #771
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Default Problem Fixed

Thanks, Leo. I've been able to fix the problem. Setting my graphics card back to default settings did not help any. Using the second fix which involved replacing the newfire_add.dds file, only in my case the file was not in data/textures/tnormal/tex folder so I simply copied and pasted a new file into the folder. Thanks alot, I truly appreciate your help.

Old 10-08-07, 10:44 PM   #772
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default your welcome cdrsubron7

Quote:
Thanks, Leo. I've been able to fix the problem. Setting my graphics card back to default settings did not help any. Using the second fix which involved replacing the newfire_add.dds file, only in my case the file was not in data/textures/tnormal/tex folder so I simply copied and pasted a new file into the folder. Thanks alot, I truly appreciate your help.

Glad I could help get you fixed up in short order! Enjoy the mod. And nice picture BTW!

Dave
Old 10-08-07, 10:46 PM   #773
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:

Glad I could help get you fixed up in short order! Enjoy the mod. And nice picture BTW!

Dave

Thanks on both counts, Dave. Have a great evening. Now back to terrorizing Japanese shipping.

Old 10-08-07, 10:57 PM   #774
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

Hey leo. Did ROW change the behavior of the aircraft. Because now when ever i get near pearl there is an aircraft in the air 24/7. And well there was no night fighters in the pacific until much later in the war. Oh and it's a fighter eather the lightning, or wildcat. not that it's a real problem except i keep comming out of TC and takes forever to get back

Quote:
The US Navy and Air Force did not have the same motivation to develop and deploy night fighters in the Pacific. Carrier based aircraft were less suited to night operations, or more specifically night deck landings. Japanese bombing -- operations were generally short range tactical based, and conducted during daylight hours. The Japanese only conducted some nighttime nuisance bombing of the Pacific Islands using floatplanes and obsolete aircraft. Even when the American night bombing campaign commenced over Japan, the Japanese military psyche shunned away from defence strategies. Night interception strategies were therefore slow in coming.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 11:17 PM   #775
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Nope ROW dosn't touch a single thing in the campaign layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniam81
Hey leo. Did ROW change the behavior of the aircraft. Because now when ever i get near pearl there is an aircraft in the air 24/7. And well there was no night fighters in the pacific until much later in the war. Oh and it's a fighter eather the lightning, or wildcat. not that it's a real problem except i keep comming out of TC and takes forever to get back

Quote:
The US Navy and Air Force did not have the same motivation to develop and deploy night fighters in the Pacific. Carrier based aircraft were less suited to night operations, or more specifically night deck landings. Japanese bombing -- operations were generally short range tactical based, and conducted during daylight hours. The Japanese only conducted some nighttime nuisance bombing of the Pacific Islands using floatplanes and obsolete aircraft. Even when the American night bombing campaign commenced over Japan, the Japanese military psyche shunned away from defence strategies. Night interception strategies were therefore slow in coming.
ROW only deal's with textures, reflection's and effect's. Tater's and Duciums mod's deal with campaign layers. The only mod I ever made that touched them was the Airbase navmap mod and all that did was make them visable where as they were not seen before airbases that is.
Old 10-09-07, 12:54 AM   #776
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

Thanks Leo, I didn't think so. Maybe I've never noticed before I'm usually a Brisbane boy and not a pearly

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 12:59 AM   #777
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default there are air patrol's scripted into te game for Pearl

Quote:
Thanks Leo, I didn't think so. Maybe I've never noticed before I'm usually a Brisbane boy and not a pearly

Left over from when everyone asked the Dev's to increase harbor trafic for the game and was added in patch 1.2 originaly. There are some mod's that did away with or really reduced the total traffic for the Allied harbor area's. Normaly the game will not deploy a plane from an allied base unless you are another allied ship see's an enemy within the Airbase and Airplane's range or from a Carrier.

Only the Jap Carrier's and Airbases are set up for patrol's in the game for some reason or another. I actualy wish the Allied bases and Carrier's would send out recon's on their own.
Old 10-09-07, 01:45 AM   #778
FooFighters
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

Quote:

Quote:
Do you use Trigger Maru ?
Deepbluewolf (member of ubi forum that past away after accident) is on eternal patrol above Pearl.

This forum is not the same without you Dave.. we'll miss you buddy
FooFighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 02:24 AM   #779
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default here is a new picture of the test for Kriller2's new work

What do you guys think?

Last edited by leovampire; 10-09-07 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-09-07, 05:03 AM   #780
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Do you get that bending at the bottom of the horizon allways? - I think it appears when there is fog, it's like the SH4 engine is taking the whole horizon and replaces it above the horizontline.. :hmm: If we can get rid of that bug we are home free it allso appears in old ROW, maybe patch 1.4 will correct it?

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote