SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-10, 11:39 PM   #46
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

The opening sequence of Das Boot is very VERY green.

I like the green look of this mod, reminds me of Das Boot.

Good work SV.
Old 09-02-10, 01:05 AM   #47
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Lol, the opening sequence of Das Boot is a model in a tank... They never had a real boat for any of the shots.

Anyhow, I suspect this will be another debate without conclusion... Blue! Green! Blue! Green!
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 02:57 AM   #48
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Model or not, it still looked good, and a darn fine movie

And a darn fine mod. Looks great SteelViking
Old 09-02-10, 07:28 AM   #49
Gunfighter
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 133
Default @SteelViking

[QUOTE=SteelViking;1482802]That sounds like the right behavior, I basically set the generators to randomly produce little bubble clouds. But, the bubbles should look little. Have you installed any mods over my underwater mod that caused a JSGME conflict. If so, you need to disable them, and re-enable my mod last. The little jets of bubbles in stock are completely unrealistic.

No Mods after yours,If this is the way you intended it should be thats fine with me.Thanks for quick responce I know your hard at work on update.
Old 09-02-10, 09:58 AM   #50
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Lol, the opening sequence of Das Boot is a model in a tank... They never had a real boat for any of the shots.

Anyhow, I suspect this will be another debate without conclusion... Blue! Green! Blue! Green!
Yes, usually the green colour comes from algaes and other sea life while clean deep water is dark blue. but also it depends of the sea life , currents, and depth.

With increasing depth underwater, sunlight is absorbed, and the amount of visible light diminishes. Because absorption is greater for long wavelengths (red end of the visible spectrum ) than for short wavelengths (blue end of the visible spectrum), the colour spectrum is rapidly altered with increasing depth and gives a bluish cast.

ps. what control the underwater colour in the game ? can be changed easily editing files ?

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 01:41 PM   #51
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
Yes, usually the green colour comes from algaes and other sea life while clean deep water is dark blue. but also it depends of the sea life , currents, and depth.

With increasing depth underwater, sunlight is absorbed, and the amount of visible light diminishes. Because absorption is greater for long wavelengths (red end of the visible spectrum ) than for short wavelengths (blue end of the visible spectrum), the colour spectrum is rapidly altered with increasing depth and gives a bluish cast.

ps. what control the underwater colour in the game ? can be changed easily editing files ?
Yes, it is very easy to edit actually. The best way would be to go into the folder for my mod, and find data/Filters/ColorCorrection/hdr_underwater.cfg. Then change the values for ColorBalance however you want. They are clearly labeled. I would suggest not changing anything other than those colors though, because I have set everything else up just right to limit your sight range, and to make it darker at night.

Edit: By the way folks, I will not be changing the color underwater. I have seen sea water that shade of green before, and that is exactly how I like it. If you want it differently, just use the method I explained. If you get stuck, and you can't get it how you want, I would be glad to help.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 08:44 AM   #52
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

Hello SteelVikking,

I got a question is this mod compatible with [REL] Environmental MOD 3.6
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 09:59 AM   #53
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

oui parfaitement compatible
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 10:29 AM   #54
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

pascal4541, Thanks for reply
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 03:41 PM   #55
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458

Hi SteelVikking,

I'm using your wonderful Underwater mod.What it bothers me ,are that front wave splashes on sub.They are so unrealistic,that I decided to remove them.

I've tried to delete controlers for them in submarine FX file,but everytime I try to save the file(with those controlers removed) Goblin report some lost controlers.When I test in game,everything is ok ecxept sub exhaust which don't work anymore.

Please,can you explain to me how did you combine your changes in FX file with DTW exhaust changes?
I just want to remove those nasty FX_Nose_wave_Dummies or better how would I change them to look more realistic? It seems that they have no controlers except ObyectCtrlsRef...

Thank you in advance.
Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 04:41 PM   #56
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Hi SteelVikking,

I'm using your wonderful Underwater mod.What it bothers me ,are that front wave splashes on sub.They are so unrealistic,that I decided to remove them.

I've tried to delete controlers for them in submarine FX file,but everytime I try to save the file(with those controlers removed) Goblin report some lost controlers.When I test in game,everything is ok ecxept sub exhaust which don't work anymore.

Please,can you explain to me how did you combine your changes in FX file with DTW exhaust changes?
I just want to remove those nasty FX_Nose_wave_Dummies or better how would I change them to look more realistic? It seems that they have no controlers except ObyectCtrlsRef...

Thank you in advance.
First I would like to note that I did not make any changes to the nose splash/wave, that is stock.

Anyway, Goblin cannot be used on the .fx files from TDW exhaust mod. It is no fault of TDW's, it is Goblin's problem, because it is not set up to handle the type of nodes that needed to be added in order to add exhaust.

Anyway, skwasjer's S3D can do everything that you need. It can open, work with, and save all of TDW's files, and mine without causing any lost controllers.

There are several pages on subsim detailing how to use S3D if you do not already. If you have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask.

Old 09-26-10, 07:40 PM   #57
Oby
Medic

Hmmm...Yes,but I can't open .fx file with default S3D editor.Can you explain how did you open .fx file with S3D?

Are there any new upgrades or is version 0.9.9 the latest version of S3D?I read about some SH5 templates for S3D?Is that what I need?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-26-10, 09:06 PM   #58
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Hmmm...Yes,but I can't open .fx file with default S3D editor.Can you explain how did you open .fx file with S3D?

Are there any new upgrades or is version 0.9.9 the latest version of S3D?I read about some SH5 templates for S3D?Is that what I need?

Thanks for your help.
Ahh, sorry, I forgot about that. All you need to do is this: change the file extension on the .fx files to .dat, open the file with S3D, delete the nose wave entries, save, then change the file extension back to .fx.

That should do it.

Old 09-26-10, 09:33 PM   #59
Oby
Medic

Excellent SteelViking...You opened my eyes...I've finally managed to remove those splashes without sacrificing exhaust mod...Thank you again...
Old 09-26-10, 10:09 PM   #60
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Excellent SteelViking...You opened my eyes...I've finally managed to remove those splashes without sacrificing exhaust mod...Thank you again...
You're welcome. I am glad I could help.