SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-14, 08:07 PM   #1
deathwest
Watch

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0
Default Thank you Mod Community

This is my big warm thank you to all the great modelers that help to make SH5 a wonderful experience and a great SIM

Started playing SH 5 in 2010 march and before I got sick I was using 15 mods most of the time. I had 30 total in my JSGME list.

Then real life happened in late 2010 Oct. and I was unable to play because of an illness and all the problems that go with that, gaming had taken a back seat.
Now I am stable and have lots of time to once again play SH5.
So I am trying to get up to date after 3+ years with all the new Mods and found Sobers mod list and went to work. After 3 days working to get things right, learning the new tools and patch fix by TheDarkWraith, plus a day or two to learn the game again... oh and reading the 1000's of post that go with that LOL is work in its self, I now have a working game and this is the best thing ever to play now.
The graphics are beautiful and stunning, the game is stable and not one ctd in many many hours of playing. Now if I only can learn to leave the DD's alone.

My hats off to you all. Thank you ALL again May all your torpedoes run true.

I would recommend Sobers list to any one starting over, it is worth the time it takes to get it working.
Old 04-03-14, 07:01 AM   #2
10tacle
Watch

Downloads: 97

I'd like to second that.

Some years ago, I coded a small tool to support a specific card trading game (Star Wars:Customizable Card Game). It turned out that after many players in the community used such tool, further development and maintenance was quite some work - besides the fun and the help the tool provided.

So what I want to say is this: to some extent I do understand what it means to put effort in own creations - after these are used by others.

A big thank you to all your hard work.

Best,
10tacle
10tacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 10:18 PM   #3
deathwest
Watch

Downloads: 183

Wish I had a Towel command button, to dry off the optic when the glasses get wet. Barnard must have made off with them all.