Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-15, 01:22 PM   #1
Irwin6666
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Lwami

Hi.

I've got the laters RA mod up and running. I occasionally read about people using the LWAMI MOD (?) is this something I should get?
Irwin6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-15, 02:12 PM   #2
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35

LWAMI is for those that want more realism in the stock sim, it modifies the sonar and sound profiles to make it more realistic to real life, but to the best of my knowledge you don't get any graphics upgrades or new playable platforms like you do in RA. Also LWAMI is not comparable with RA so you can't run both. This is what I've heard but I haven't tried LWAMI, I love RA too much to switch.
Old 06-07-15, 07:33 PM   #3
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

In LWAMI, a lot of Russian sub models are redone (Akula, Victor III, Typhoon, Oscar II, Kilo), the Arleigh Burke is redone, so is the Tu-142 Bear F. There are most assuredly others, but those are the ones I've for sure seen.

I'm doing some videos with LWAMI and I've enjoyed it so far. I've never really had a problem with stock Dangerous Waters. In fact, I definitely enjoy it. However, doing mods like LWAMI gives me more things to make videos about

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters

Last edited by FPSchazly; 06-07-15 at 07:53 PM.
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 04:44 PM   #4
Irwin6666
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Thanks for the reply guys.

As far as realism increase goes can you elaborate? Are the sensors detecting longer range/harder to detect?

If I wanted to run both RA and LWAMI could I do this with two separate installations (ie c:\dangerouswaters and c:\dangerouswaters1) by copying and pasting a clean install? I purchased via steam if that makes a difference???
Irwin6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 06:30 PM   #5
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

The spherical/cylindrical baffle for the submarine is increased from, I believe, 30 degrees to 60 degrees. The spherical/cylindrical can hear out to further distances (yay). The towed will permanently look like you need to let more of it out, as in, grainier than in stock. Ship frequencies are adjusted to more realistic-expected values. For example, the second line represents "power plant" and the LWAMI frequency sheet gives approximate frequencies for a certain power plant. The third line represents displacement and it has a similar layout on the frequency sheet as the second line.

Supposedly, LWAMI also has a lot more Chinese navy units, which is nice. I say supposedly because I haven't researched it or experienced them first hand.

For separate installs, I believe you would need to have unique registry keys for each install. Otherwise the operating system is going to not know which file to properly load. (I could be totally wrong here). Having a Dangerous Waters non-Steam and Steam installation may work, but I honestly don't know and I wouldn't spend money to do it until I knew for certain.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 04:40 PM   #6
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin6666 View Post
Hi.

I've got the laters RA mod up and running. I occasionally read about people using the LWAMI MOD (?) is this something I should get?
To know what changes LWAMI implements just download it and read the very very good manual supplied along with the mod.

You will see that LWAMI changes or adjust so many things.

The single largest change its the removal of the 10 nautical miles hard cap on sonar sensor range that is present in stock.
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 10:20 AM   #7
Mike Abberton
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 42

I have played a bit with both LWAMI and RA. I like both, but have a little more familiarity with LWAMI (mostly because it's on my laptop, while RA is on a desktop).

I really like the LWAMI sonar models, especially since they boosted the spherical and conformal relative to the towed. However, sonar detection in general is lower than stock (and probably RA).

Obviously, there are no new playable platforms in LWAMI, and there are fewer new historical (60s-80s) platforms than RA. There are a ton of new modern platforms, including a ton of new Chinese and minor nation platforms. One drawback to all the new platforms (as well as some changes to the TLAM/TASM) model, is that US anti-ship missiles are generally useless against anything with a VLS let alone multiple multiple anti-air platforms. You just don't have enough missles available to swamp their defense.

Mike
Mike Abberton is offline   Reply With Quote