SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-11, 01:33 AM   #1
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0
Default A note to every modder and reader in this SH5 subforum

(I will give my opinion for somebody who want read it and reconsider)

Remember to credit and ask for permission for the ships you take from others. For the mods also.

Itīs very disgusting to read some messages that have been put in the forum in the last hours arguing because of this.

Subsim is a community and forum where should reign comradeship.

People should help others, talking and working for only one reason:
improve this SH5 game

Keep your ego, eagerness for notoriety, personal frustrations and all that other kind of bad things that create bad ambient out of this forum.

Remember this is not your farmhouse, in fact itīs a place where lot of people come to put his bit with kindness.

Is disappointing to see that these problems could close the door for much people enjoying what SH5 could be.

Reflect a little.

(Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english)

PS.

"When the wise points at the moon the fool looks only at the finger"

This thread is about comradeship, the one I donīt see in this days.

Not about stealing mods or crediting. I havenīt seen yet in SH5 Modding.
What I saw made me to write for people to reconsider, not to continue arguing.

Now you can continue if you want.

(my last post in this thread and about this, please moderator close again before ...)

Last edited by marleymen; 05-10-11 at 11:05 AM.
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 01:52 AM   #2
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Lets see what options we have with these new ships:

a. Starting a fishing company and get rich
b. Working countless hours/weeks/months for free like some moroons just to improve this game and give the community a better game experience.

I dunno whats with some of you guys, but here is what we have: So far we imported only 4 ships. All of them made by Ubisoft. Two of them imported by Urkel from the german forum, 1 by Rongel and 1 by TDW. Iambecomelife also imported a ship from SH3, but thats not used yet in any way. And thats it, nothing more.

So whats the problem? Because Im also tired being called thief and retarded by Privateer and I had just enough. If he wanna pick up a fight, Im all over for it as Im also a hot headed and I love to fight. I just hold back my horses because he is a gwx member, but thats not a reason to call names. Enough is enough.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 02:22 AM   #3
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Remember to credit and ask for permission for the ships you take from others. For the mods also.
I agree 100 %. It's stated clearly in the forum rules. It's okay also to remember people about it, maybe some members don't read them, because some crack/piratism messages also appear from time to time.

Still I have to say that I haven't seen here any case of thieving. Some people even offer their work to Sh 5, which is really nice. There is no import rush (I wish there were ) and the ships we have used are stock SH 4 like Zedi said. So there really shouldn't be any problem.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 05:43 AM   #4
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post

b. Working countless hours/weeks/months for free like some moroons just to improve this game and give the community a better game experience.

I dunno whats with some of you guys, but here is what we have: So far we imported only 4 ships. All of them made by Ubisoft. Two of them imported by Urkel from the german forum, 1 by Rongel and 1 by TDW. Iambecomelife also imported a ship from SH3, but thats not used yet in any way. And thats it, nothing more.

So whats the problem? Because Im also tired being called thief and retarded by Privateer and I had just enough. If he wanna pick up a fight, Im all over for it as Im also a hot headed and I love to fight. I just hold back my horses because he is a gwx member, but thats not a reason to call names. Enough is enough.
This will never stop in my opinion... anyway.... you work on campaign now... so if you will make an acurate and realist campaign mod prepare to fight... will be me in this case that will call you tief... because you will copy the history
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 06:02 AM   #5
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymen View Post

Itīs very disgusting to read some messages that have been put in the forum in the last hours arguing because of this.

improve this SH5 game

Keep your ego, eagerness for notoriety, personal frustrations and all that other kind of bad things that create bad ambient out of this forum.

Remember this is not your farmhouse, in fact itīs a place where lot of people come to put his bit with kindness.

Is disappointing to see that these problems could close the door for much people enjoying what SH5 could be.

Reflect a little.

+1
You put it better than I ever could.
Thanks Marleyman

Im not a true modder but I have dont a fair bit of 3d work for the SH series, I know what its like spend hours or even weeks creating somthing only to see the model pop up in some one else mod and not even get the tiniest mention for it Its not the end of the world, but its not very nice either.

Usually it just a case that files pass so many hands, these things sometimes get lost in translation, but it really doesnt take all that much effort to find out where a file came from orginally.

Its not about egos or power games or anything else- its genuinley nice to have that little acknowlegement in the credits, Since that little 'thanks' is all any modder gets in return for their work.
(And its even nicer if people ask first)

Thankfully only A VERY small handful of subsimnmers have ever had the audacity to pass off others work of as their own, and they all ended up in the brig for it..
More commonly is just a case of negligance or 'not bothering'.

The good folks here are always the ones have that little bit of extra consideration for others work they recycle or modify.

And if someone dont wanna do credits? - well, they can aways make their own
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 06:18 AM   #6
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post

Personally I dont think there is a problem.
I orginally brought this up pre-emtively since if Sh4 is anything to go by, once unit export/imports become possible, there is sometimes abit of feeding frenzy of a minority just ripping whatever they can grab.

I only wanted to remind people to think of the orginal creator first.
Then accusations started flying and a war ensued, meh.

To clarify I wasnt trying to tell anyone what to do and Im sorry if it came accross that way.
I just wanted to remind people to stay cool, thats all.
Old 05-10-11, 06:25 AM   #7
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Personally I dont think there is a problem.
I orginally brought this up pre-emtively since if Sh4 is anything to go by, once unit export/imports become possible, there is sometimes abit of feeding frenzy of a minority just ripping whatever they can grab.

I only wanted to remind people to think of the orginal creator first.
Then accusations started flying and a war ensued, meh.

To clarify I wasnt trying to tell anyone what to do and Im sorry if it came accross that way.
I just wanted to remind people to stay cool, thats all.
I will never belive this... you made this by purpouse... and your intention had the result that had... you say you are not a true moder... i dunno but i see you are from gwx team and i supouse you have good modding skills... the problem (in my opinion of cource) is that you lose to much time hunting ungived credits... if you will spend the same amount of time in modding i am very sure you will make nice mods
Old 05-10-11, 06:30 AM   #8
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I will never belive this... you made this by purpouse... and your intention had the result that had... you say you are not a modder... i dunno but i see you are from gwx team and i supouse you have modding skills... the problem is that you lose to much time hunting ungived credits... if you will spend the same amount of time in modding i am very sure you will make nice mods
Well what can I say, why? why would I want to create this on purpose?
I have no intreast in making trouble.
ultimatley its up to you what you are gonna belive or not, not much I can do there - maybe have a look a post history if you have the time? I can sure you I am not a trouble maker here. Ive never even been brigged once in 6 years ive been around on these forums.
Yes I am ex-GWX but is that any reason brand me?
Come on man, Ive apologised for my wrongs in this drama, help me out here!
Do you really think what im saying is so unreasonable? I dont understand.....
Old 05-10-11, 06:38 AM   #9
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Sometimes it's best to say nothing than to say something and stir up the beehive
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 06:38 AM   #10
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Hey look, it's this fight again!

History may not repeat itself, but it sure rhymes.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 06:41 AM   #11
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Well what can I say, why? why would I want to create this on purpose?
I have no intreast in making trouble.
ultimatley its up to you what you are gonna belive or not, not much I can do there - maybe have a look a post history if have time? I can sure you I am not a trouble maker here.
Yes I am ex-GWX but is that any reason brand me?
Come on man, Ive apologised for my wrongs in this drama, help me out here!
No.. because you are a GWX member team i respect you... i wanted to say that this thing about giving credits it is logical (not need to be told... it is like my mother tell me every day to not forget to eat my lunch or to pay attention when i will cross the street)... if you tell somebody.. ''hey pay attention what are you doing... but annyway i wil keep an eye on you'' ... this is very clear for me that a clever person know that saying this to somebody will provoc him... that is all about i am saing
Old 05-10-11, 06:50 AM   #12
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
No.. because you are a GWX member team i respect you... i wanted to say that this thing about giving credits it is logical (not need to be told... it is like my mother tell me every day to not forget to eat my lunch or to pay attention when i will cross the street)... if you tell somebody.. ''hey pay attention what are you doing... but annyway i wil keep an eye on you'' ... this is very clear for me that a clever person know that saying this to somebody will provoc him... that is all about i am saing
Ok I know its logical to most of us, to some it aint, Im only posting it for those people.
@TDW your right on the one hand, on the other hand, if no one says anything nothing ever changes either.
But the hornets nest is not nessicary.
Old 05-10-11, 09:17 AM   #13
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

This is all very sad to read.

I thought this forum was very good, lots of people making mods and helping others with mods or to get the most out of thier SH5 experience.

But this last week something not nice has emerged.
A witch hunt? Something else?

Im not sure why any of this has started. If someone has stolen someones work, then lets name and shame.
If not - then what reason is there for all this "Im watching you ALL" posts.
Is the whole SH5 modding forum under this suspicion
Old 05-10-11, 09:56 AM   #14
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymen View Post

improve this SH5 game

Reflect a little.

Listen here, read between the lines......... This has nothing to do with credit for mods, ships or skins, its a bout a group of modders that gave up on SH5 and decided to rip on anyone playing 5 or modding it....
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 10:19 AM   #15
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post
Listen here, read between the lines......... This has nothing to do with credit for mods, ships or skins, its a bout a group of modders that gave up on SH5 and decided to rip on anyone playing 5 or modding it....
Its not a group of modders, its only Privateer. Dont buy everything he sells, it stinks. Calling people morons, retards and all sh5 moding community a bunch of thief's.. he must be on heavy drugs.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote