SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-23, 12:22 AM   #1
Squirrelsqueezer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default GWX 3.0 Crashing in October 1941

As the title states, I can not begin a new patrol in Oct 41'. I finished my 12th patrol 8/11/41. It wants to start my next patrol in October. I did the recommended thing of going to desktop, and starting patrol from SH3 commander.

No matter what I try, it crashes upon first patrol load up. I changed bases to St. Naz from Lorient, I close every single other program running on PC, I went to last save before base on patrol and it worked and I finished the patrol again, I tried launching from both Commander and just .exe for game and nothing seems to work.

2 other minor things are; I have zero harbor ships and I thought not having Lite harbor traffic installed would add more ships, was wrong.

Also, how do I find and view crash logs so I can take a look myself?

Here is a list of mods copy pasted straight from JSGME.
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Merged Campaign
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 - VisualSensors for GWX3
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
LifeBoats&Debris_v3B
Rbs3withlifeboat
Rbs2withbouyance
Rbs10-enhancedoilexplosion
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Squirrelsqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 01:43 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Squirrelsqueezer!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 04:28 AM   #3
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 30

Hi sorry to hear your having trouble with GWX

1. Have you installed the 4Gig patch a must if your are using mods stock SH3 only has
2gig of virtual meCmory download link below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

2.If you are using the Commander Mod did you install the commander mod Config File so SH3/GWX-Commander Mod talk to each other Commander Mod Config download on the right panel on the Greywolfs download page.

3.Theres two lifeboat mods LifeBoats&Debris_v3B Rbs3withlifeboat when you activated the life boat mods did you get a pop up warning when you activated the second one Rbs3withlifeboat i think thats the problem that could be a possible conflict i would unactivate one of them and see if that stops the crashing or if its still same you will have to do more testing unactivating all Mods the then adding them one at a time and testing them I know its a ball ache but thats the price you pay for Mod Soup issues.

Last edited by blackswan40; 07-12-23 at 08:37 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-23, 08:32 AM   #4
Hebe Vollmaus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Squirrelsqueezer
I see 2 larger then 2 minor things in your 1st post.

Is your Commander really waiting two month befor you can get into a new patrol? Normally without Commander there is a maximum of 28 Days. "DaysSpentInBase"
If you normally start your Game with Commander, did you have it RollBack before use the SH3.exe directly? No? Youre install may be corrupt now.

You have zero harbor ships. Since when? What have you done exactly right before the Harbor-ships are missing? GWXv30 have a lot Harbor-traffic in any of its Start-Bases. So when you have no Ships in Home-Bases you have a broken install.
The Light-Harbor-Traffic-Mod will reduce them.

The Game does not write anywhere a crash log. The only thing you can get is the Requester/Crash-window just right after the crash. Your Operating-System may write a crash-log, but you will usually find no usefull information in it.

I see nothing stupid in your Mod-list, whereas i do not know the Racerboys 2/3/10 mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelsqueezer View Post
As the title states, I can not begin a new patrol in Oct 41'. I finished my 12th patrol 8/11/41. It wants to start my next patrol in October. I did the recommended thing of going to desktop, and starting patrol from SH3 commander.

No matter what I try, it crashes upon first patrol load up. I changed bases to St. Naz from Lorient, I close every single other program running on PC, I went to last save before base on patrol and it worked and I finished the patrol again, I tried launching from both Commander and just .exe for game and nothing seems to work.

2 other minor things are; I have zero harbor ships and I thought not having Lite harbor traffic installed would add more ships, was wrong.

Also, how do I find and view crash logs so I can take a look myself?

Here is a list of mods copy pasted straight from JSGME.
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Merged Campaign
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 - VisualSensors for GWX3