SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-24, 08:09 AM   #1
LinzaBFB
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Bug with no mentions on net(?)

Just decided to hop on SH3 again after a rig change. I'm running some up to date hardware with windows 11 and right after start I ran into a major problem.

I first thought that I'll get a usual black screen on launch, which I countered before, but no. Game launches perfectly, main menu looks good with resolution fix on 2k monitor, but when I start a mission and load into a submarine, the game turns black.

I still see the interface buttons on the left of the screen, some controls and the phrase "Game paused" in the middle of the screen, but after that - all black. Pressing any buttons basically does nothing, but pointing the mouse to where the crew should be highlightes the cursor. Pressing unpause does nothing, but the phrase in the middle does flash for a second and basic commands show up in the log.

Tested with all the settings turned on/off, tried reinstalling and deleting the resolution fix, googling the problem is impossible due to usual black screen bug. The drivers seem up to date, but I do think that RTX 3080 simply does not support the game.

Did anyone encounter this before? Any possible fixes? Thx in advance for all the help!
LinzaBFB is online   Reply With Quote