Old 01-14-14, 03:32 PM   #1
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Default Video shows elephant flipping car

I'm not entirely convinced it was necessary to kill the elephant afterwards

Quote:
Footage has emerged of a car being repeatedly flipped over by an elephant while a British couple were inside.

Sarah Brooks, a teacher from Lincolnshire, is thought to have been stabbed in the leg when the elephant's tusk penetrated the car.

The incident was filmed by a passenger in a car behind the couple at the Kruger National Park in South Africa.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25731241

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 03:50 PM   #2
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Me neither to be honest, shoot the driver of the car maybe, getting that close to a bull elephant. Bloody idiot.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 04:32 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Culling The old bulls

This is actually normal behavior in young 'juvenile males ' turned out at adolescences by the matriarchal pod leader. In the years 1991-2001, 63 rhinoceros have been gored to death in South Africa's Hluhluwe-Umfolizi game reserve alone by young males in musth, a heightened hormonal state, and very dangerous, who are without the learned wisdom of older males; they having been 'culled'. Elephants are uniquely' self aware, social and long lived normally, and this lack of socialization due to culling or slaughter to contain their numbers to confined so-called parks is the root cause of the problem, not to mention the abysmal deaths of even rarer rhinoceros. Unfortunately the elephant's high intelligence works against him in this instance, as the behavior, once acquired and percieved as successful, will not abate in the juvenile and is a danger as long as vehicles are permitted in the reserve. The blue car, about the size of a pushy black rhino, looked opportune to the young bull.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 05:17 PM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
So, I guess that black stuff under an Elephant's toenails is oil. Not slow natives.
Come on now...your better than that IMO.

Old 01-14-14, 06:29 PM   #5
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Come on now...your better than that IMO.
You are correct sir. "sorted"

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 01:58 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Takin' the EAZA way out if yer surplus!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eds-lions.html WARNING: A little on the graphic side but if the kids can stand it so can we. For the lions, a Danish with a little giraffe on the side. As with the elephant in the OP I don't think its kosher.
Old 02-10-14, 02:22 PM   #7
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Makes me think of George Orwell Shooting an Elephant.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 02:25 PM   #8
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eds-lions.html WARNING: A little on the graphic side but if the kids can stand it so can we. For the lions, a Danish with a little giraffe on the side. As with the elephant in the OP I don't think its kosher.
The giraffe could quite happily seen out its days in another zoo, if not to be used for breeding. Sadly, I have a feeling that the Danish answer was carried out purely because it was the cheapest option.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 02:34 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default U don't place in the money? its off to the rac...Knackers

What really happens to the 'noblest beast' on earth over whom we have dominion!? http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2012/s3632985.htm I actually ride rescued racing-quarter (cut proud as they say) horses and work occasionally where rescued wild burros and mustangs are allowed to roam. The one thing I do not do is go to support, watch, or even do security work at race tracks; that industry is a hypocritical abomination(sport of kings?) and an adjunct to the gambling industry only. Warning; a bit graphic if you love Silver, Trigger and Tornado...and Scout and Buttermilk too. But if yer feeding Fido Alpo...
Old 02-12-14, 02:49 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default The horse race is a $$$ rat race

My case in chief: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/09/us/racehorse-treatment/ at least a few get away...sometimes. Ok to watch-not graphic.
Old 02-12-14, 04:05 PM   #11
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Can you do me a favour please and stop posting in yellow? Makes it a bugger to read.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:09 PM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak View Post
Can you do me a favour please and stop posting in yellow? Makes it a bugger to read.
Are you using the SubSim Smart Dark display option?

Old 02-12-14, 04:37 PM   #13
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

No I'm using tapatalk which also has a dark mode but the yellow is still harder to read than normal txt.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:40 PM   #14
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
No I'm using tapatalk which also has a dark mode but the yellow is still harder to read than normal txt.
Rgr that...tried Tapatalk on the iPhone but couldn't get away with it.

Old 02-12-14, 05:49 PM   #15
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
DONE! "The Psychological Effects of Color:

While perceptions of color are somewhat subjective, there are some color effects that have universal meaning. Colors in the red area of the color spectrum are known as warm colors and include red, orange and yellow. These warm colors evoke emotions ranging from feelings of warmth and comfort to feelings of anger and hostility.".... Since the subject matter often discussed in is distressful, as in this thread, but inclusive of death, destruction, Ctd's, stormy weather, lost love, depression, Chinese-made products, and my humor is not to everyone's liking, I now elevate the mood by proven methods, including color therapy: http://healing.about.com/cs/colortherapy/a/aa_colortherapy.htm in as much as the wizards of have provided the rather extensive color facility and indeed, use it themselves, the concept must have merit! ORANGE is joy, happiness, warmth, creativity, pleasure, sensuality, sexuality, generosity, moves energy gently, awakening to wisdom within oneself, sociable, aspiring, gregarious. In relation to the physical body, ORANGE is good for depression, cramping anywhere in body, relaxant, sclerosis, heart disease, boosts immune system, circulation, raises blood pressure, artery disturbance (especially in legs), genitals, fear (alternate with blue), endocrine balancer (when used with blue), cleans and purifies hormonal system. ORANGE warms the of creativity. YELLOW is mental activity, learning, intellect, acquired/learned knowledge, little will, individuation, alertness, concentration, focus, cheerful, sun, warmth, cleaning, fear, left brain, empowerment, self-esteem, confidence. In relation to the physical body, YELLOW is good for combating fear (obsessive, habitual), digestion, stomach, gall bladder, liver, immune system, fortifies endocrine and nervous systems, nerve tonifier, motor stimulant, assimilation, lateral disturbances, helps chronic to become acute. YELLOW clearly says "here I am." But for you my friend..".there I went"! http://www.deeptrancenow.com/colortherapy.htm (Actually though in 15 years of glaring at a appraiser computer screen, I switched to a brown background and yellow print to stop headaches...anything but that glaring, incessant, piercing, painful...white!)