View Single Post
Old 06-23-11, 06:29 AM   #1587
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default Surrender Messages (3)

I have newly discovered a better method to signal by radio status command that you wish to surrender/abandon your U-boat.

As discussed above, the original idea was to send an automatic signal when hull integrity < 20%, but this creates its own problems.

However, if the player first clicks on the Radio 'Report Contacts' button (left-most button on the radio group), then this can be a trigger to indicate that the radio status report, which follows, is a signal to abandon ship.

Therefore abandon ship sequence will become:
1. Click on 'Report contacts' button (can be done underwater).
2. When on surface, click on radio 'Status Report' button.

The combination means: I want to abandon ship (regardless of current hitpoints).
After a set period (5mins? 10 mins?) hull integrity will be set to 2%. (Scuttling charges exploded.)
Meanwhile, you dive the boat to sink it.

The remainder of the rescue sequence will proceed as described in my previous post above.

Incidentally, does anyone know the purpose of the radio 'Report Contacts' button? Every time I click on it, regardless of whatever messages I have sent/received, I get the same message 'No radio messages received.'

This creates an alternative possibility:
If the 'Report Contacts' button really serves no other use, we can turn it into an emergency 'Abandon ship' button, without need to use the radio Status Report at all. All it needs is a depth test - the button can only be used when depth is < 15 metres to prevent use while submerged.

@H.sie:
For your information:
'Report Contacts' button can be intercepted at 0x513cca.
'Send Contact Report' button can be intercepted at 0x492a30.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote