vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Tnx for use full links Gap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Nice idea Vecko, keep up your good work

Talking about the engine ratios/speed graph, was in-game data measured with TDW's engine ratio patch enabled?
Sure, enabled...

Quote:
Max speed points for both diesel and electric propulsion are substantially aligned on the same straight line, wereas min speed values can be interpolated by two lines whose gradients are similar to the ones seen in the previous graph, with electric propulsion having a lesser slope than diesel propulsion (0.0262-0.0280 vs. 0.0357-0.0366). This makes me to think that the max speeds reported for each speed order are sort of theoretical values. What do you think guys?
Just a small correction on this one.. Those are not min and max speeds...Those are max speeds for trim conditions A and B which are basically A-something like half full submarine and B- combat ready sub with max fuel, armament ect... Electric engine max speeds from your post are actually speeds with electric engines on surface...

Quote:
Even with it enabled, there were still some dicrepancies between expected and measured speeds, especially for back speed orders, though I can't remember all the details now. I suggest you having a good look into old posts of TDW's patch thread.
RPM values shown in the submarine looks just fine but we can't be 100% sure because almost every gauge shows slightly different values, which is OK IMO...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote