Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 11-02-18, 08:06 PM   #6687
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Like I said, you would have to go back two patrols, if you still have the save from then, and transfer prior to going on patrol at that start. I realized here a few minutes ago that my "clean" install of v0.71 was on my laptop, which is in Windows Update throes... It's been bricked... so I'll have to do another "fresh" install on my already overtaxed DuoCore thingie here, just to see what you guys have... Previous users were not able to Start from Midway, once it did the crashing. One fellow even tried transferring all of the bases in turn, and it always gave him the same mission, which crashed. You could try to make a new skipper, and copy your score and progress over to the new one, but I've forgotten how to do that myself. It's been a few pages back where the last posting of this issue was...

Edit: wow, found it with two clicks!... "George just lucky I guess."

It was torpedobait:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...09#post2568709

five posts below that, is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrane View Post
Ahoy torpedobait this is from a post I read awhile back hope it helps

crash while loading (all) savegames: Here's how to fix it!
All (both) my savegames crashed during loading, I thought my career was done for. However, here is the fix:

- Create a new profile (ideally with the same name, same nation)
- Return to main menu after office screen appeared
- Copy the "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" and "CareerTrack.upc" to the new save file
- You're done: All your career progress has been carried over

Hope this helps if somebody runs into the same isssue.

Best,
Brett
Last edited by Brett Sinclair; 03-27-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Good luck
If you've got a Save previous to the one before, load it and transfer somewhere else besides Midway. Else you might have to do the above. I'll try and re-create this scenario, try to find something in the Save file that might be editable...

Edit2: OK, I've gone through it all again, and it looks good in the game - which is NOT to say something might not be wrong, just that my skills can't find it. Looking in the Flotillas.cfg file, several boats have this:
Flotillas:
----------
[Flotilla 7.UserPlayerUnitType 7.Objective 1]
ID= PH7Obj1
NameDisplayable= East China Sea
AvailabilityInterval=1943-04-01, NULL
ObjectiveCode= East China Sea

which leads to this in the PatrolObjectives file:
PatrolObjectives:
-----------------
[Section 181]
ID=ID181
FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/Insertion Spy East China Sea 02/Insertion Spy East China Sea 02.mis
StartDate=19430901
EndDate=19450715
GameModes=Career
InclusionProbability=100
MinimumDifficultyRating=0
MinimumPlayerRating=-3
ExclusiveLayer=No
ExclusiveLayerID=1
EvaluationReason=FirstObjective
AllMatch=East China Sea
ObjectiveType=2
BriefingMapName=NULL
BriefingMapIcon=NULL
BriefingMapIconPosX=0
BriefingMapIconPosY=0

The mission itself is just the Objective and a MapZone. I did make it into a SingleMission with a Balao boat and ran it, and it did fine - other than the DE departing ahead of my boat ran into the breakwater. The only thing I can think of is that some of the boats, as above, have the mission as objective 1. The game supposedly goes back through and "recycles" the Objectives, but calls a different mission than before. Maybe something is wrong there? We have added more mission Objectives at Midway, so that might help also...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-02-18 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Found It
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote