View Single Post
Old 01-02-16, 07:59 AM   #3574
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
The only CTDs I had were in Museum; never I could see all the ships in one session.
Exactly...You may see more ships IF you dont watch at airplanes, submarines or some large ships (in general), but if you watch them all the game will CTD much faster on random unit.

The same CTD can be observed in the actual gameplay too , for example, if you return to your homeport from some units reach environment (British coastal waters, convoy engagement ect) without previous game restart in between these two events.

This is some kind of stock game engine/memory issue which is somewhat amplified in modded game . TWoS tips for stable gameplay are completely optimized to provide hints to the players how to actually avoid this situations. The good thing is that those tips acually work very well and following them will result in very stable gameplay.

One thing is sure, modded SH5 is not suited for "plot the course-punch TC-and take a nap until something enters your rendering area" players. It has to be played slowly and this is one of the reasons why I'm planing to make Real Navigation addon standard feature of TWoS megamod.
Some player wont be happy about this but unfortunately I can not meet all the personal preference out there...

Last edited by vdr1981; 01-02-16 at 09:18 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote