Thread: sim stops
View Single Post
Old 06-06-18, 12:11 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

SH4 is an old game (11+ years and counting), written in the WindowsXP days, which is prior to UAC (User Access Control). It was also the DirectX v9.0c days, and some of the files for use by Silent Hunter were dropped in DirectX v10, and more in v11, etc. Be sure you have DirectX v9.0c installed. It comes with the game, whether Steam or Disk or whatever. It will NOT overwrite whichever version of DirectX is on your computer now, but will instead just write a few more files to the install.

Also, for me, "folder" includes the drive... So, besides being "steam/ steamapps / common", does that by chance include "C:\Program Files (x86)\", and then that Steam path? Also, Windows 10 does throw some extra work into the mix sometimes for a Silent Hunter player. See THEBERBSTER's thread SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <..., and start browsing all of the links you find with > Steam user Information in the title. Also, Peter is very good at helping with Windows 10 issues, as is CapnScurvy, and I do believe that cdrsubron7 above here just did a new computer build, and may have used Windows 10 also. I do not use Win10, and have forgotten more about Windows than I ever knew about Windows 10. ...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote