View Single Post
Old 12-07-18, 05:52 PM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Yeah, so you've got a "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 4" folder, or whatever they use for the actual game folder with SH4 in Steam. I didn't explain things very well above - I make the new folder first in that Steam Library folder, such that I have (my SH3) "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SH3GWX" alongside, or in the same "common" folder as the "Silent Hunter 3" folder. I then go into the "Silent Hunter 3" folder, and select & copy all of the files and folders in it to the "SH3GWX" folder, both being in the "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common" folder. Similar can be done by copying the "Silent Hunter 3" folder and contents to an intermediate location, renaming the folder to a different name, and then copy it back into the common folder. It does have to be in the Steam Library structure.

Then you have to add it to the Steam Start menu. If you don't do that, it doesn't do the Steam authorization. I'm 99.99% certain that you have to log into Steam on your computer in order to do it. Do not use the web Steam - your computer Steam app. Close their ads after it starts. Then get to your Games List ("View" menu, "Games List" is one way), and at the bottom of the app page is " |+| Add A Game ". Click that, then "Add a Non-Steam Game..." You will have to "Browse" (usually) to the new SH copy folder, and select the SHx.exe file and "Open". That will bring it in to the top of the list in Steam, with a checkmark in its box. Now press "Add Selected Program". I have picture on here somewhere of this...

Now, the way I change names, is I right-click on the program just added, left-click on "Properties", and type a new name in the upper box by the icon. Hit the <Enter> key, and you should be finished... You can add your Mission Editor to the Steam menu the same way.

I'll try to re-do my SH5 here in a bit, and let you know how that goes. Steam just did an update on my Win10 laptop, and Windows just did another of its updates a few days ago.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote