View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 04:07 PM   #3476
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Was sent to take pictures of Hiroshima harbor. Two Akagi class carriers were stuck together.

July 31, 1942
http://imgur.com/a/x9L0Y

On the way out of the harbor i saw what looked like two ships that collided. Both were stopped. One was on fire, the other was sitting so low in the water it looked like it was about to sink.

Also saw another ship doing wide circles with only it's aft sticking out of the water. It almost ran into me. Took some video of it LOL.
Rather entertaining, isn't it? sometimes... unless you get to fix it... Thanks for the date. I'll overlay the files from that time frame and see what it shows. I have found before, that the HarborTraffic will sometimes interfere with the Coastal, which interferes with the Convoys, which interferes with... etc. and what you're seeing is multiple ships attempting to occupy nearly the same space at the same time. They can't utilize their collision avoidance during the spawn ... The average player doesn't always see that, especially if they get there after-the-fact, and it only looks like a bombing raid just went through.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote