Old 09-23-17, 01:03 PM   #5329
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
hey robbin,
the berbster talked me into playing.63 again and i found a couple of interesting things. i am not complaining....these are observations.

driving an s-18 out of manila, december-january 1941-2.
s18 has no AA however if you accidentally hit the go-to-flak-station boom CTD. is there a way to sense/disarm the go-to-flak-station when the unit does not have a flak station but re-arm it if you survive long enough to drive an updated sub which has that station? i thought i saw that in a different mod (GFO?) but i cannot remember.

s18 equipment includes early SD-radar at start and it functions during mission. later, during refit, the SD is not displayed in the equipment section....not that i want to change it and there will no upgrades to it but i cannot figure out how it can be on-board and not display.

i have some excellent screen shots for you but i'll put them in a separate post.

m
As for the AA station, are you referring to using the <F11> key, or the menu button at the bottom? I've been trying the last little while to get mine to bomb, trying different combinations of boat, crew and equipment, and I'm wondering what the circumstances are, as close as you can get to them? In other words, are you modifying the crew? Updating any guns, etc., before you go out? Have you tried the station while in port before leaving and see if it does it? With that, I'm wondering about the use of Time Compression, and how much you may have used, and also whether you've crash dived your boat, or even just a regular dive? The biggest Q of all: Do you have any other mods installed? What mod were you playing previous to FotRSU again?

As for the radar, CapnScurvy or others would have to give you the low-down on it, but all of the radars are tied together, and they only display two of three that might be available. You'll even see the screens of the equipment that was never put on an S boat... one of the limitations of SH4...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote