View Single Post
Old 01-18-18, 01:44 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Ratz... I was hoping to beat you to the punch...

See your other thread here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...70#post2537170

I ask you which version of the game you have, and where you installed it. As reference, Windows does not like it when you mess with configuration files for programs installed in the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders. If that's where your game is, and it's a DVDR disk version, you can just copy that install and paste it into a folder of your own making elsewhere on the computer.

The first thing to do is back-off all the mods you've applied with JSGME (de-activate them). Run your game and make sure you are fully back to a "Stock" install that works. If it does NOT work, then you'll want to un-install, and then re-install in a different directory. If the game works after getting the mods out of it, then Select the game folder and copy it. What I've done is left-click on the "Ubisoft" folder, press both the <Ctrl> and <C> keys at the same time, which copies the data, and then select the "root" of a dirve, whether it's C:\ or D:\ or whatever, and then press the <Ctrl> key again, and the <V> key, which will "Paste" the folder and its contents to the new location. You'll be copying over 4 gig of data, so be sure you have room for it. It will take a while to do that. Once that's done, you'll have to create yourself a shortcut to the SH4.exe, or use the "Run" dialog, or the "Search", or open the folders and double-click on the SH4.exe file to run the game. The game will find its setting in the registry, as far as licensing goes, and will use the DirectX v9c installed with the game install (you did install that also, didn't you?... ).

In the meantime, let us know one place or the other which version of the game you do have, because that will ultimately influence which mods you can or cannot use, and which steps to take next. Another little "reference" thingie: GFO (and hence, THEBERBSTER's mix of it) does not like v1.4 or earlier of the game, and will only run on the v1.5 with Uboats...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote