View Single Post
Old 05-27-19, 03:59 PM   #12273
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Hey VDR, I did some testing on submarine damage from depth charges, and I think it could indeed be toned down a bit.

Two examples I encountered:
DC exploded directly on top of my bow. Not only did the torpedo, radio room and command room get damaged, which is OK, but also the diesel engines. and some other stuff that should not have been impacted by this. Managed to save the boat from sinking by the way.

In another example a DC exploded like 10 to 15 meters away from my left side rudder. Both rudders, electric engines, diesel engines, left propeller and much more destroyed, so far so good, but also the torpedo tubes?! This explosion was fatal. The boat went down like a stone. Thankfully that was only testing.

It seems as if damage gets distributed to too many areas in the boat.
Would it be possible to either reduce depth charge effectiveness
Distributed damage you've just described is caused by "collateral damage" patches which are enabled by default in TDW Generic Patcher. Disable the patches (there are two of them) and the damage will be much more localized. Note that this will apply to your torpedoes and deck gun damage as well...

Quote:
Also one other thing that I noticed is that the engine RPMs are very slow to change with electric engines. In my opinion the RPM changes with electric engines should be even faster than with the diesels, since the electric engines should have a higher torque. They do have as much Horsepower as the diesels though. What do you think?
In TWoS, submerged acceleration, turn radius and speeds are adjusted according to real type VIIC manual to the best of my abilities. RPM acceleration can be adjusted manually in TDW_SHSim_Patch.s5p file though. I'll explain this some other time because it's a bit complicated...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote