View Single Post
Old 08-29-15, 10:24 PM   #3
ColonelSandersLite
Captain

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meunomeeninguem View Post
I was wondering what would be the consequences of going around with tubes opened both in the game and IRL.
In game, nothing that I know of. In real life, that would be pretty hard on the torpedoes. If I recall correctly, changing practices from flooding the tubes and opening the doors from the moment of contact to only doing so just before firing was part of the solution the the circular runner problem.

Quote:
Is there a better way to read the precise course? At the moment the HUD gauge is useless so I'm forced to plot to extract course.
You can get your exact heading by centering the periscope with the view to heading command (minus key), and then pressing the heading to view command (equals). Time consuming though.

Quote:
Is the 3000 yard bearing plot offset by one degree ?
A lot of the variations floating around are a bit off yeah. I don't know which one you're using exactly so can't be sure. If you want to know for sure exactly how much it is off try the following:
Center the periscope with the view to heading command (minus key) and enter a range of several thousand yards into the tdc.
Make sure speed is set to 0.
Check the attack map, and you should see the torpedo run line. This line is exactly bearing 0.

The scale of the bearing plotter also depends on screen resolution, so it won't be scaled correctly except at a specific screen res.

Quote:
Where can I get torpedo data sheet?
If you're just wanting basic information on torpedos:
Mark 14 Slow Setting 31 Knots 9000 yards 643 lb torpex warhead - Severe reliability problems during the early part of the war
Mark 14 Fast Setting 46 Knots 4500 yards 643 lb torpex warhead - Severe reliability problems during the early part of the war
Mark 23 Same as Mark 14 with slow speed disabled - Just a cheaper version of the mark 14
Mark 18 29 Knots 4000 yards 575 lb torpex warhead - Copy of the german g7e
Mark 10 36 Knots 3500 yards 497 lb tnt warhead - Post WWI Torpedo, all the s-boat can equip
Mark 27 12 knots 5000 yards 95 lb torpex warhead - Homing
Mark 16 46 Knots 13700 yards 943 lb torpex warhead - Not actually used in WWII at all

If you're wanting tables for solving lead angle, I intend to post these in a couple of days. I'm currently working on a video though and it's a lot of work to get a good quality video out.

Quote:
Where can I get subs turn rate?
This information isn't explicitly stated anywhere really. It also can vary by your mod configuration and exactly what sub you're talking about. I just use the stopwatch, time it and write it down. I keep a fact sheet with such information on the various subs that I command.
On this sheet, I note:
Depths:
Deck Gun
Diesel
A Periscope
Obs Periscope

Diesel Rough
A Periscope Rough
Obs Periscope Rough

Dive/Climb Times:
From periscope to test
From test to periscope
Any other combination I have found useful

Turn Times:
30 deg
45 deg
60 deg
90 deg
120 deg
135 deg
150 deg
180 deg

Quote:
Does improve ship physics affect torpedoes? I'm asking because I had problem to deploy a torpedo using dick o' Kane method with ISP on.
I can't answer that. My experience with ISP is limited and I don't recommend it.