View Single Post
Old 06-16-18, 05:25 AM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post
It's gotten a little wierder - on a whim, I tried moving the SH5 install directory from a spindle disc (where it's been) to another SSD...it loaded MUCH faster - previous time from launch to game window was ~2:30....on the SSD it loaded in 20 seconds

I was about to cheer, but then I tried creating a new campaign and doing the start, save, quit, load routine....when I loaded into the sub pen, this was the view I was shown:

Clearly something's gone awry here, but I have no idea what! Time for a fresh install to the SSD?
I'm glad you've figured out this one so quickly. Once installed, SH5 main install directory can not be moved around because lot of file paths will become messed up. This is also true for 90% of existing software after all. SH5 is not "portable" application...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post

@vdr1981: can you confirm whether the current WoS package includes the "WHF-FUC_We Have Flooding-Flooding Under Control_Fix" patch? Someone suggested installing it in one of the other threads I was reading on Damage Control but then someone else said it was already included in WoS.

Thanks
Confirmed... You'll find generalized list of individual mods which are included in TWoS in the first post of "The Wolves of Steel" thread.

Be aware that if you use unsupported mods in combination with TWoS you may induce stability and gameplay related issues even if things appear OK at first glance.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote