View Single Post
Old 03-29-24, 01:14 PM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

hmmm... as my doctors say to me: "Interesting...", which I don't like to hear... You could try to re-do the DirectX v9 on your computer by using the MS End User DirectX Runtime Download, and see if that helps. I'll throw more question your way:
  • Is your Steam install for SH4 the only installation of the game you have on your computer?
  • Had you copied the SH4 game folder to that library folder from another location?
  • Have you attempted to use MultiSH4v1.5 yet to try to create a 'new' Save folder? You could download that to your computer, extract the exe file, copy it to your "E:\SteamLibrary \steamapps \common \Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific" folder, run it, and then type in any 3 characters you want (no special characters) for a new Save folder, such as FRS or whatever you want.
  • Does the Stock game run OK at 1024x768, or 1920x1080, or whatever resolution your monitor is set at in Windows??
  • Have you tried all of the various settings in the SH4.exe "Properties" windows? Refer to Post 216 of Silent Hunter 4 & Windows 10 for more on that, or several other posts in that thread. Windows 11 is basically the same.
  • What resolution are you running your Windows desktop at? What are you running your SH4 game at?
Let us know please. We do have another option if you can't get things this way.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote