View Single Post
Old 03-20-24, 06:26 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_bonata View Post
Yep, sorry meant FotRSU, I have the 1.5 version of the game, here is my mod list directly copied from JSGME:

''''''
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8

''''''
Enabling Full screen optimizations did not help, neither did running as an admin
OK, newer mod, good SH4 version, and good install path. Since you did a Steam install, that would have already done the DirectX v9.0c install and set-up for you automatically, so we can rule that out. Next would be to be certain you deleted the Save folder, which normally defaults to C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4, but since you are on the E: drive, you might find an "SH4" folder right on the E root, unless you changed it with MultiSH4. Either way, you want to make certain your Save folder is empty after you activate FotRSU, or any major mod for that matter. The game actually runs off of a lot of the data in that Save folder, which is created when you first run the game. If you delete the data, the game will re-create it with the newly modded data in the game folder.

If you have already cleared the Save folder, and you are certain that the 4Gig Patch or LAA are properly applied, then it would probably fall to the SH4.exe "Properties" settings, with those various settings in there. On one of my computers, I do not have any of the options checked. On another, I have about half of them used. It all depends upon your computer and its config. If you want, let us know what LCD display you are using, what video card you have, and what you have Windows set to use. It is best if you use the "Default" setting for the video display. You might not be able to match it in the game, but if you have a 16:9 display, use a 16:9 choice in the game. I really like 1920x1080 the best, since it offers a good layout on-screen, and the text, for the most part, does not get too small for my old eyes.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote