View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 09:17 AM   #4934
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
... A player uses passive Hydrophone when he tunes onto a certain bearing to attempt to hear the screws. Only if the target ship is traveling at a certain speed will you hear that ship......your Sonarman will follow it just fine. Not only that, but when you take a Sonar "finding" on a particular ship, your going to get an exact measurement to target....down to the yard exact. So, in one attempt you can't hear the target, in the other you'll get an exact measurement of it?!? ...
When I was testing the AI Subs the other day Capn, the one thing I noticed is that although you can't "hear" it, when you rotate the head, you'll see the light illuminate "Green" when you are pointed at a sound contact - which tells me that the game ~can~ hear it... Then, like you say, if you "ping" it, you'll get the exact yardage... "Send to TDC" for the bearing and range and couple-three times, and "Fire Torpedo 1"... "Boom!" - unless of course, you're like me and get a dud, then it just goes "Clunk!". That is still better than a circle-runner that hits your boat instead...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote