View Single Post
Old 05-16-08, 09:59 AM   #21
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Oh nee, du!

Erlaube mir mal dein Post zu übersetzen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sung
Since yesterday there is no HorusGames anymore. My hobby! Since my partner lost his interest in programming and game development ( after 6 years of team work and scores of projects ).
Uhh, that's tough.

BTW how old was your partner ?

But besides that I think most projects and like this.

Quote:
That's a pitty cause our last project, an WWI u-boat sim was ONCE AGAIN pretty far advanced ( I even baught 5 books about this subject ). Now I have 6 projects in total in my record that were canceled because of lack of interest/time of the programmer. This is just frustrating.
Your buddy didn't wanted to finish any of the six ?

Quote:
Here are a couple of pics how far advanced U-21 was
What a pitty, it was a nice job you were pulling out here with U-21. I was very curious what you would have been able to pull out.

Quote:
I would want to participate in a new project but there should be at least some real ambitions and stamina behind it and clarity about what is supposed to be achieved
You should have come to us! I am overall almost 5 years on the project. And I do not think to give up, no, I have come too far for it and the whole thing gots too promessing. Actually I am more motivated and productive than ever. We have now a very steady development in place.

Quote:
I would participate on any project that fulfills the following criteria:

- Simple clear structure
- with a minimum on people( very small team, just 2 would be prefferable )
- everyone 18+ years old
- Commercial orientation(ShareIt*, ect....)
- tight shedule, not longer than 6 months
- prefferable in blitz 3D
You might fit to us. We are all 30+. Never ever will we give up. The commited core team consist so far of only 2 people and I would consider us as very solid.

But I fear our ambitions might be way too much for you. We are absolutely not after casual or arcadish games. We are HARD CORE player/developer who seek the most real most complete and challening experience. We are creating something new and unique. We want to set a new hallmark for historical naval simulations.

So I cannot serve you with your last 2 points. But I appreciate your stamina for your 6 years work.

It would have been more rewarding for you if you would have spent the 6 years with us. We are really of the same type of stamina. But if you preffer to spend your time with counting canceled projects that were all in advanced state, be my guest

I mean the real fun of canceling projects is when they are in an advanced state

Besides that you could have learned blitz3D yourself and do the project all alone. It might have taken twice as long but you would at least get it finished. But I must admit your shedule of only 6 months is to say the least a little bit utopical.

Do you have the code of the game ?

You might find anothe coder to finish it or learn it yourself. It is indeed rather easy to learn.

Quote:
I would like to FINISH a game no matter what it would be like at the end.
With folks like this you will never finish anything.

I think for most, serious game development is a frustrating experience. Most commercial projects gain loses not revenue!

Also when they guy you work with looses his steam to push the project you started with him beyoned the finishing line then do NOT start a second project with him!!!

I am very sorry for you Sung!!!

This is not the first time I hear a story like this, the history is unfortunately full of such stories. I think in most cases something goes wrong or someone runs out of steam and the project gets canceled. I would recomend you to be very picky about with whome you team up. It is not very recommandable to join someon who do not have any references. It is so important the there is the right spirit and ideals behind a project. You have to be very very carefull. Especially for artist it can be most frustrating since they depend on coders.

BTW have you ever got a playable prototype from him ?

Last edited by Deamon; 05-16-08 at 10:11 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote