Uploads: 4

@Nutworld:

Thanks for the extra information.
You have two issues:
1. SH3-GWX will not work for you.
2. You wish to try NYGM.
Both on your D: drive.

Step1:
Locate folder C:\My Documents\SH3 and rename it temporarily (eg, call it folder SH3_GWX.) Corrupted files here often cause problems with running SH3.

Step 2:
Now try to play GWX again, and see if your problems persist. You should first remove all mods that are not part of the basic GWX file structure. (I'm assuming you are using JSGME to install mods - if not, you had better remove your existing SH3 installation and start all over again, if you want to use GWX in the future.)

Regardless of the results of the above:
To install NYGM:
Step 3: Create a new folder on your D:\ drive, and install SH3 itself into that folder.
Step 4: Rename your new folder C:\My Documents\SH3 (created in step 2 above) to something memorable, depending on whether you want to keep it or not.
Step 5: Test SH3 itself created in Step 3 above, to ensure that it works OK.
Step 6. When it does function properly, use JSGME to install all the main components of NYGM, downloaded from my logo below, one at a time, testing each step with a single quick patrol as you go. (Return to base from each patrol.)

As and when you want to add any more mods, add them one a time with JSGME, then test to check for any conflicts.

If you want to return to GWX, rename your folder My Documents\SH3 to SH3_NYGM, so that you can reuse the folder again at some future date, and restore your folder My Documents\SH3_GWX to SH3.

I hope that helps,
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote