Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 09:44 AM   #1800
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

CapnScurvy, the SSBalao.cfg in FotRS UvAlpha.1 is different...

Quote:
[UnitClass]
ClassName=SSBalao
UnitType=200
AppearanceDate=19430204
DisappearanceDate=19750612
DisplayName=US Balao
... all that and the texture maps are the same. The two texture maps switch between 05/04-05/1944.

The differences are for the first seven individual units. They start the distribution on 19430101 (prior to the units availability), instead of the stock's 19430204 and then progress the same from there. Unit 8, the USS Capelin SS-289 is available 0604. Then they progress again as in stock. I have no idea how the actual arrival "in theatre" influences the time factor in the ME. Is it dependent upon how far West of Mare Island you are?

The way things end up being with the sensors doesn't matter to me, so long as they're useable but ~consistent~ - consistent being key - unless they're "modeling" bad tubes, or a moth getting stuck in the circuitry... tic - I'm actually happier in a sugar boat without *any* radar, since I can come and go with impunity at home base, no radar interrupting... However, the relative "comfort" of a deep Balao definitely helps when there's boom-boom coming down on you...

btw, that experience above with the Gar, I was on the surface... getting hydraphone contact - while doing Full & Flank...

Almost forgot to mention, I've uploaded an RTF file in the WIP / Propbeanie Speadsheets folder of the Google drive, named FotRSu ThreadNotes.rtf. It's got notes on the first 40 pages of this thread, just little comments on some of the previous posts to help sort out the progression. It's taking much longer to review this than I thought it would... - my plan is to "catch up" to this point, and continue from there daily. I think I'm losing ground though... sort of like one of those life-rafts in the game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-10-16 at 09:57 AM. Reason: surface mount boat - oooh! almost forgot!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote