Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 08:48 PM   #5895
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

There's some mention a few pages back, and then we've done all of the boats over the course of the last several months. I've got some data, CapnScurvy has other, but I don't know as we've got a "table" of the battery charge data yet. I do know that in a Gato, Balao and Tench that I could not get the gauge to go lower that 2% of battery charge, kind of like an "emergency power to get home on - so long as you can hold your breath long enough... The thing of that 2% is, the longer you run with the battery at 2%, the longer it take to charge it back up. If you surface when the chief says "battery is depleted, which is just after the gauge first reaches the 4% level, then the re-charge doesn't take near as long...

found it:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...98#post2546698

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... Now, I never did get either boat to fully discharge, not for lack of trying. With the Tench, I didn't try very long. With the Gato, I did, hence the difference between the 4% charge, which is where the game states "Battery fully discharged" at 1400, and not surfacing until 0600 hours the next day, and we were still on a 2% charge, boat still doing 2 knots, telegraph still on Ahead Flank...

Charge times for Tench 18 hours to 50%, Gato 18 hours and 45 minutes, which could well be a function of the TC used, and the fact that the Gato battery was taken down to 2% for a much longer period of time than the Tench boat's was. the 75% to 100% figures are Tench at 15 and a half hours, Gato at 14 and a half hours...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote