Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-08-17, 01:39 PM   #4108
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Larrywb57, there is absolutely nothing in the area that should have a "Large Convoy" on shore. The only there is are a few Convoys, Merchants and even a TroopConvoy in the 41a layer that get close and then does the "stop-and-go", where they slow way down, to the point of not looking like they're moving. What may be happening, is that while they are "drifting", they are literally drifting into shore, and not using their "collision avoidance", which if any of you have seen some of the stuff at especially Pearl and Brisbane, they do NOT do well... All I can think of the eliminate that potential problem is to either make me another version of FotRS U on the German side of play, and put me a playable Japanese cruiser or something in there, and watch what happens. If I try to take my boat in on the US side, I usually end up dead before I get to see much...

torpedobait, notice how the screws are out of the water on that DD, and the rest of the vessel is riding high in the water? It hit the "bottom" of the ocean while spawning in a shallow spot, and all sorts of things seem to get messed up when that happens. Was that one of the fellers in a Task Force of some sort from Japan headed West-southwest a month or two ago? We did move some of them around, and as a back-up plan, made a deep spot in a couple of the harbors (especially Osaka) for the spawns, which is sitting ready to go for the next version (57 or higher), if the moving them around trick doesn't work in v56...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote