View Single Post
Old 10-22-18, 08:44 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I see that you also list Ubuntu as your OS platform. BarracudaUAK and Rockin Robbins are probably the two members most familiar with using a Linux flavor with SH4, and BarracudaUAK (and others) did have issues with Wine and video, and with audio. For some posts around here on the general subject:

Rockin Robbins' Getting ready for Ubuntu
Reece with Ubuntu Linux questions
BarracudaUAK on WINE or How to run your Windows game on Linux
Caption_Ranker questions Silent Hunter 4 on Wine, No sound Effects?

As for Win10... re-read THEBERBSTER's post linked above, and make certain that Windows 10 has not done dirty deeds done dirt cheap, and trashed your display. Make certain that you have DirectX v9.0c that came with the SH4 game installed. Make certain that
1. You know your display monitor's "Native" resolution
2. You have Windows and the nVidia card set to that same resolution ("recommended")
3. Set the game to that same resolution - if possible
If you can't satisfy #3, then try to find a "multiple" setting, such as a 16:9 widescreen setting or a 5:4 setting, or whatever ratio your display is. You might have to right-click on the SH4.exe file, choose "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab, and click on "Run as administrator", though that's usually only necessary for SH3. Or you might have to tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI setttings", or you might have to clear the tick if it is already set. One last thing that I always seem to forget to mention, is use LAA, as CapnScurvy describes in his thread you read. Make certain that the SH4.exe is set to "True"... Beyond that, THEBERBSTER will probably come along before too long, and have some specific advice for your set-up. One thing he would probably like to know about your computer, is which "build" is your Windows 10? That'd be under the System info somewhere, but I'm on Win7 and can't remember the Win10 "modern" way of finding that (maybe that "v1803" you show??)... Good luck with it. It can be frustrating, but you'll get there!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote